Have you ever dated someone with the intent of changing them?

Have you ever dated someone with then intent of changing them? For example, if they were introverted and you wanted them to be more outgoing, if they drank a lot and you wanted them to drink less, if they were a jerk and you wanted to turn them into a better person, etc.?

Have you ever done this or known someone who did? How did it work out?

Most Helpful Girl

• It never works. You can't force someone to change. If you care about them you have to accept their downfalls. Being an alcoholic is bad for them but if you know that going in you can't expect that you can make them quit.

• Right. You have to love then as they are. If they see that you love them and know that they don't like your lifestyle, it's up to them to make the choice to change. You can't go into it hoping for that though.

• No you can't but it doesn't stop people ever

What Girls Said 5

• It depends on what you are wanting to change about them. My exboyfriend smoked marijuanna so much to the point to where it cost him his job...and we were spending on average $20 a week just for his habit...so I gave his ass an ultimatum. Either the weed goes...or I go...he decided to let the weed go...but our relationship ended about a year and a half later due to other circumstances.

• No!

• um, yes, and most Chinese girls would like to be in charge like that when in a relationship.

• No I haven't. I don't see the point.

• No, either I like them as they are or I dont, it is not fair for them

What Guys Said 1

• I hate this cliche.

who holds the right to change anybody?

and better person? haha.. a human with no flaws is no human at all. yes self-improvement is key, but flaws exist in some form or another.