Girls, would you ever go to a movie with a guy if you weren't interested in dating him?

For the sake of it lets extend it to other dates. Coffee? Dancing? Swimming? Walk in the park?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, it's fun to hang out with guys in a friendly way. But I'd definitely make sure he doesn't think it's a date first. I wouldn't want to give off the wrong impression and have it be awkward later.

This exact thing happened between two of my coworkers the other day. A hostess went to a movie with a dishwasher and she thought it was friendly but he thought it was a date. Now he's being really friendly/flirty with her and she feels awkward.

I think intentions should be clearly stated while making plans so things don't get weird.

What Girls Said 17

• I would do. And I did in the past but I will usually, really, and I mean strongly insist on paying for myself so it doesn't get mistaken for a date. I like to hang out casually. I mean meeting new people is interesting and who knows to what that might lead to.

• Yeah, why not.

If he doesn't say it's a date, it's not a date.

If he says it IS a date & I'm not interested then NO.

• Yes, but I would make it clear that I am not interested.

• How would you do it. Making sure you say that this isn't a date or just talking about something that wouldn't lead to that conversation?

• If he said, I want "more" wouldn't that change your answer, if you weren't into him?

• Yes. I go just to hang out with a friend

• Yeah. I have a bunch of guy friends and a few of them I already do that stuff with if I feel like company.

• Yes, I would. There's nothing wrong with hanging one on one with someone from the opposite sex.. doesn't always mean you want more from them.

• I don't spend one on one time with a guy unless we're friends or I could see myself dating him.

• Possibly but I would state I'm not interested.

• No it's too awkward.

• No problem, but I would have to be honest and up front on how I feel.

• No. That would just be mean.

• yes I do,just need a company.

• With a group of friends yes in all settings.

• I wouldn't cos I don't want to lead him on or keep his hopes up

• All of them are a yes as long as I know he's not into me. If he is into me, and I don't know I feel, I'd be open to all of them except dancing. If I just want to be friends, but he is clearly interested in me, I probably wouldn't invite him to any of things but might go with him to any of them (except dancing...maybe swimming) if he asked me. I go to coffee with pretty much anyone! That's pretty casual. Walk in the park is the same thing. If I really liked or wanted to see the movie, I'd go with anyone...because you're not interacting with them the whole time.

• i wouldn't

• Yeah I would do any of those things if I was just friends with him. As long as we both knew that we were just friends. I wouldn't want to lead him on

What Guys Said 0