Is it bad to date a guy who is 16 and you're 18?

Well he likes me and so I but just worried about age

Ok I am actually 17

Most Helpful Girl

• From a legal stand point, it is.

But looking at it perspective wise 2 years isn't much of a difference.

It's only a problem if his parents aren't okay with it.

What Guys Said 8

• Hi, I'm 18 and think that I can help answer your question as I know how you feel and have a a few mates in a similar situation. At this age, I personally, as well as most others believe that a 2 or 3 year difference is fine, but anything more than that is questionable.

One of my mates was seeing someone 3 years younger; she might have been only 16 but was gorgeous, fun and made him so much happier. Another friend is my age and has been dating someone 2 years younger for a long time. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they lasted forever, as they're so good for each other, loving, caring and reliable.

in your situation, I'd go for it! Age is just a number and maturity isn't dependant upon it. If he treats you right and is good for you, then why not? If anyone tries to look down on you for it, their ignorant views aren't worth your time.

If you think about it, in 2015, the percentage age difference between you would only be 10% and as you grow older it'd be even less. Don't give a second of effort worrying about what others think, live your life for yourself.

I wish you all the best.

Kind Regards.

MashDown5.

• Good for you. at 16 I also chased after older girls. They ignored me or poked fun at me, but I did get one into bed, so it was worth the embarrasing times.

There's no reason this can't work out, it's not such a great age difference, and most of the 16 year old girls, if they're already dating, are dating guys 18 and up.

• "Dating" you can date him.

Physical stuff it depends heavily on where you live.

• Only if you're a man. Much like the 19 year old black kid from NC who spent 6 years in jail for getting oral from a 16 year old girl. Women can't do wrong in the United States didn't you know?

When a female teacher has sex with an underage student the news calls it an "Affair" and she is given probation.

When a male teacher has sex with an underage student the news calls it "Rape" and he is given hard prison time.

Recently, for one of the first times a male teacher had sex with a 14 year old girl and do to technicalities and a weathered judge got 30 days in jail. People were in a uproar. Funny they didn't know that within a months time surrounding the case 3 female teachers were arrested for the same crime - one released and two given probation. No uproar there?

• 18 year old is female and 16 is male

• That's not always true.

I've read about one woman who is on the sex offender registry in the u.s. Her crime? When she was 18 she gave a 15 year old guy in her a class a blowjob while they were showing a movie. His idea. She got probation, messed up probation requirements got jail time and is now on the sex offenders registry for life. Yeah keep her away from kids, she's a f***ing menace.

• Depends on your state laws. your morals and ethics. Make sure you understand all three.

• It's perfectly acceptable.

• Nope. Usually society only frowns on a 18+ guy talking to a underage girl. not the other way around.

• It's only a 2 year age difference but it's a big difference since you are an adult and he isn't. Legally you can get in trouble if you do anything sexully, but trust me you won't because no judge in the world would convict you.

What Girls Said 5

• Let me break this down for you. No one gives two sh*ts who you date, mmkay?

As a 20 year old female dating an 18 year old male for two years now (that makes me 18 and him 16 when we started dating) I can tell you no one gives a damn. It's your life. Who cares who's older? And two years is absolutely nothing. There are people who are 10 years apart who still get hitched and live happy lives.

It doesn't matter which gender is older in the relationship. The social norm of the man being older went out the window about a decade ago. Sure, guys still date younger girls, but society is way more accepting of the woman being older than it was way back when.

So I'd just stop caring what people thing if I were you and date the guy if you want to date him.

• yeah it is, his parents might sue you or put you in jail.

• No not at all.

Anything under 5 years to me is perfectly fine. Not much of an age gap.

• I don't see how that's a problem. Just do what you want.

• That's not such a bad difference at all, don't worry too much about it. It wouldn't be bad or wrong to date him, why not go for it