When dating a girl, do you ever look out for mothering qualities?

If you are about to go into a long term relationship, are signs that the girl you are dating would make a good mother something you look for or is it just a bonus? Such as a girl who portrays qualities such as

P.S Girls love it when guys are good with kids :)

love

empathy

patience

humor

creativity

strength

motivation

generous

Most Helpful Guy

• ALWAYS!

Make sure you never lose those qualities/ignore them, they are a big thing to us.

What Guys Said 7

• I want children, so yes she really needs to show me she would be a good mother. If I think she would be a bad mother, then it would be a deal breaker. Besides I feel that most of the same traits that make a good mother make for a good wife and girlfriend.

• If I'm thinking of long term, then yes, very much so. Though maybe not all of those "mothering" qualities you listed.

• Usually when dating the first thought shouldn't be --"oh she's prime genetic material for my kids"

Those qualities you described would be good for any type of relationship

• But surely there comes a point (after you have been dating a while) when you think I wouldn't mind if she becomes the mother of my kids.

• I wouldn't know because I've never been in a relationship lol, but I think after a certain point you would start to get a feeling that she is the right girl to raise your kids. I don't think people would consciously think about particular traits though. At that point you're probably considering marriage, etc.

• I like those qualities in a person in general. Being motherly also seems to me that you think about the future and people other than yourself. Essentially your life is not all about you...which is a very good thing.

I would be extremely attracted to a girl like that.

I can't speak for other guys. I would imagine most of them only care for hotness and sex and a little about personality.

• Certainly, sounds like relationship material to me.

• Yes those are good indicators to know if we can survive long term

• Yes I look for those traits. Even though at this point in time I have no interest in having children. I still like those traits. I want a girl to take care of me the way my mother did.

What Girls Said 1

• my boyfriend kind of did but he isn't aware of it