Do you think after a certain age, texting shouldn't be done?

I met this guy who is 27. It seems like the only time I can call him is late because of my job hours. I was thinking of texting him instead because it's easier while I'm at work but I was wondering if a guy at 27 would think that was childish. And if it's okay To text him, what would be a nice message?

I'm new to the dating thing that's why I'm asking for help.

Most Helpful Guy

• Texting is fine at any age. Thing is, if you can talk on the phone, do so. Texting causes a lot of miscommunication because you can't tell how a person is talking to you. I send texts if they are really short things that don't require a full conversation to take place.

What Guys Said 3

• I like to text if I just want to say something real quick, but it's very impersonal to me. I'm not sure how people get much enjoyment from relationships where the predominant communication is though texting.

• I can admit that I think it's impersonal too but I really want to get to know him but it's kinda hard because of work. From what you read above, do I think it's fine if I text?

• Texting is okay. It's better than nothing and has it's purpose.

• I text all the time and I'm 34

• My mom texts me. She's over 70. Don't sweat it.

What Girls Said 2

• That's silly, it's like saying people over a certain age can't use the internet because it's incredibly popular with a younger demographic. ;D

Work those thumbs without shame. Texting has no age limit!

• honey I text a 33 year old all the time. everyone texts. my parents text and they are in their 50s.