Would you date someone who got locked up before for any crime?

Depending on what one person did and whether that person authentically changed and no longer committed another offense, I don't mind dating such people.

Most Helpful Girl

• as long as the person didn't do anything that hurt human rights (right to live, right of freedom, etc.), I think I'd still consider them datable. So, no murderers (duh!), rapists, kidnappers, pedophiles, molesters, animal abusers, etc. I know animal abusers don't exactly hurt human rights, but still - inflicting pain unnecessarily is also a taboo in my world.

Also repeat offenders are a no-go. Means they can't change.

But someone who got caught shoplifting in their teenage years, is still OK.

What Girls Said 6

• *Any* being the key here.

Not *any* crime. I wouldn't date a murderer or a drug dealer (even if they swore they were changed) but I'd overlook a DUI or failure to pay parking tickets :p

I'm a CJ major though so I pretty much walk the straight and narrow when it comes to the law.

• Under normal circumstances I would't but I make exceptions to that rule. Like I know one guy who got arrested and went to jail and then he got into this prelaw program at a top school where the cut off is around 90% and he was working a full time job when he went to high school here. I also liked him a lot cause he grew up in the middle of the Israel / Palestinian war and he saw a lot of people get killed and was always talking about humanitarian causes. He judged everybody based on their personality and not their looks and saw potential in every human being and never considered anybody a failure. I would date him even though he had been to jail before.

• Depends- were they locked in the drunk tank one night? Did they get charged with possession of marijuana as a teenager and spend a night in jail until they went to court? In that instance, I'd probably overlook it.

If it was a violent offence, like assault or robbery or something, I'd have trouble overlooking it. I know everyone can change, but it would take a lot of convincing for me to feel comfortable around a person who was imprisoned for a violent offence.

• no

• Yes.

• depending on the crime, if it is rape, no way.

What Guys Said 4

• Probably, I tend to not worry about what a person has done in the past because we all have our skeletons, but if she murdered a Boyfriend for some nonsensical reason or hurt children I think it'd be extremely hard to overlook that.

• I already have (they spent a night in jail for a DUI before I met them. And they quit drinking because of it!).

• What was the crime? If it was manslaughter or child molestation than no

• It would depend on what she did, but if she was ever involved in or committed any crimes against children disabled people or animals , no. I wouldn't date a girl who did that.