What age range do men in the late twenties like to date?

Do you prefer to date older or younger women?

I'm 20 going 21 soon I find I always get along better with older guys like 26-29 and I'm on the same wavelength as them. I am still attracted to other guys closer to my age they always seem to be more interested in sex than an actual relationship. Would you date a girl who was 20/21?

Is it normal for younger girls to like older guys(like 7-8years older)?

any other younger girls prefer older guys?

Some girls can be really mature that are young.

Most Helpful Guy

• Those dating ages are common (girls in their early 20s dating guys in their late 20s), because guys finally start catching up to girls in emotional maturity around that age. The average guy hits about 16 (with the emotional maturity of a 14-year-old), and doesn't start progressing again until after college age, so throughout their mid 20s, they're still learning the lessons that girls learned in their late teens. Finally by their early 30s, they start to get about level with women.

So, women in their 20s usually need to date older guys (5-10 years older) in order to get guys at about the same emotional maturity as they are. (Yes, of course, there are exceptions!) Guys in their early 20s want to party, have fun, get laid, and not be responsible for anything (and the more popular/attractive/confident they are, the truer this is), so for girls who want a relationship, they either need to date older guys, or date guys their age who are much lower on the popular/confident/attractive scale.

What Guys Said 23

• I'm 28 and I try to stick close to my age range but still give things a chance with younger girls. Older girls I do think I get along great with and relate to them better but younger girls are still just fine.

My only concern with girls in the 21 age range is drinking and if they are ones to hang out in bars I am not interested in them unless it would just be a hook up. Their maturity totally comes out when they drink, and I especially stay away from them since I am a non-drinker. I can picture other guys hitting these girls up for a hook up and lying to get down their pants though.

• when I was in my 20s my range was a few years +/-. so if I was 23 my range probably went as low as 20 maybe 19 and peaked about 27or28. so I've always really considered people about 3-4 years younger or older. but I also made considerations for each person since everyone is unique in their maturity, and life experiences

• When I was single and in my mid twenties, I'd check out any woman, but wouldn't have considered anyone under 21, and I had NO upper age limit. I figured the older women were like Bordeaux red wines, theyjust improve with age.

Girls nearly all go for the older guys because of 1( their money, 2) their money, ad 3) their relativey nice cars, and 4) girls seem to like guys who use hearing aids.

• I just turned 29. I'm an equal opportunist. I'll give any girl a fair chance. However, I'm really looking for mental and emotional maturity. That means the eligible pool is mostly limited to ladies around age 28~34 (older too obviously, but if they're too old, they may not want what I want in a relationship).

You are right, and I agree, some young girls can be very mature. Why I'll still give them an opportunity if one were to take a liking to me. But chances are, I won't actually pursue or initiate anything with a girl I think is of a certain maturity level (read: young).

• I prefer younger women, I haven't had the best luck at matching personalities, but the energy, chemistry and to be perfectly honest, more youthful appearance and characteristics appeal to me more. I feel that younger women are more feminine than their older counterparts. Besides, it's easier to be the big, strong, helpful, wiser, older guy when I have more experience and time to have done things like work on my build and get my education out of the way for financial security, physical security and much more.

It just makes sense that as a real man I would prefer a more feminine woman. Besides, I'm not a boy with a mommy complex causing me to chase some older woman.

Also, I think most older men agree with me (not to be confused with the boys that are chasing one night stands and don't know the meaning of maturity or commitment.)

I hope this answers your question, best of luck to you finding Mr. RIght.

• I'm 34 and I personally find 20/21 girls really not that mature as many of them think they are. It all comes down in what kind of life situation they live in.

I would have thought differently about this 3 years ago, but my view on this has totally changed after becoming a dad. I think many fathers would agree with me.

• Is it normal for younger girls to like older guys(like 7-8years older)?

Of course, they sound experienced, have a job and an income.( sometimes a divorce and alimony and child support to pay too)

• I'm 28 and I don't really mind age as long as you are legal, but it really depends on the guy. Teens and young Casanova kinda guys aren't really subtle when it comes to sex, they're just after your honeypot and clearly show it. Yet as we get older we become more experienced, and we are more subtle we know how to play the game, so some guys have you believe that it's a relationship but it's really a smarter way to get you innocent and starry eyed girls to willingly spread em, and then there are guys who really want a relationship, you can never really know, you just have to try and see what happens, try not to over think these things.

• Im 29 and I can honestly say I like 18 to about my age is perfect for me. Ill tell you this honestly though. The number of guys you sleep with is also a factor that older and mature guys take into consideration with being with a girl. I say that in regards to you saying you are still attracted to other guys closer to your age because they seem to be more interested in sex than an actual relationship. You don't want to be that kind of girl trust me. It catches up to you in the long run and its full of regret. Relationships are so much better. I would date a girl who was 20/21. Another thing it has to do with is that in the intimacy department I can make a greater impact and impression compared to those younger guys that have no idea what they are doing or think they know what they are doing. Less is more lol.

• Oh no I meant I'm still attracted to guys closer to my age but not as much as most seem to just be interested in sex and I'm not a girl who wants to sleep with a random guys.

• Ohhhhhh OK I got ya now lol. A little re edit would be in place then lol. That's a good thing then. I applaud you for that you not sleeping around with random guys. But to again answer your questions I am someone that would definitely date a woman your age.

• Im 26, I would date as young as 19 up to 30

• In regards to your update, I agree.

I am 19, turning 20 in 2 days, and I have been chatting up this girl that's 17.

Before I met this girl, I really had never considered dating outside of my age range (1-2yrs max)

• My range is typically 21-32 but I'd be willing to make exceptions,

• I have been out of the dating game for several reasons, I am 29 but I would prefer to date 21-25 year old women

• sounds about right.

I'm 25 and I prefer 18-24 year olds... 25-27 is iffy, 28-32 only for ONSs

• My preference is women your age. I think there's more men who date younger women than people may realize. Not that I know too much,I'm single and don't ask me why either. Anyways good luck. Take care

• Yes. Very normal. Guys in their 70s would try to date girls your age if they could

• depends.

we're all different.

• i'm currently 25, almost 26, the age difference I go for in terms of a girl being younger than me is 5 to 6 years younger, but I wonder if a guy being inexperienced would be a deal breaker to her

• Im 27 and id go as young as 25 but id go as high as 35 only reason that is cause of this woman I work with. Shame she's married though lol.

Younger girls don't get me wrong some are so attractive and have mint personalities but cause of how young they are I wouldn't go there. As I've gotten older I've gone from one end of the spectrum to the other. I used to like younger girls but now I prefer girls my own age or older. I wouldn't rule out dating a girl younger than 25 cause you can't help who you fall for. However, that is my preference.

• 20 to 40

• 6-12 years younger.

• I am 25 and I date any girl between 21-29. This mean that it is perfectly normal to like little older ones.

However, I tend to date younger girls more. Because on the average, then are less experienced, they have seen less so they are easy to charm. It is my own opinion.

• Date whoever you want. Age really does't matter if you both get along and find each other attractive. I have dated women of many different ages and enjoyed them all.

What Girls Said 2

• im 19 and my boyfriends 29. when I started talking to him he told me he wasn't interested lol especially with the age difference. but hey after some time and you get to know someone, if you click, you click.

i have noticed, though, that some of his friends are really put off by it at first. so id say more men than not would prefer someone more older (because they think age correlates with maturity which is not NECESSARILY the case but for most cases it seems that way..)

maybe not a 10 year gap but 5 years seems to be OK for most guys in that age range. it mostly depends on the guy. my man's very immature for his age so we balance out.

• I'm turning 19 soon, and yes I do like older guys. The last two that I've liked have been 5+ years older than me. Nothing really happened, though. But I do still keep my eye on older guys. The guys that I know who are my age are just very immature. I can't see myself with any of them, and I'm afraid I'd be used for nothing but sex if I decided to be with them. I understand that older men do take advantage of women (and younger women, too) but most older guys I know aren't like that. It's a bit weird, haha.

I'm pretty sure a lot of guys like women/girls who are somewhat younger than them. Mostly because girls do mature faster than guys, and a lot of men like the whole idea of being with a young, fresh, lively, (maybe a bit childish?), feminine and happy girl/woman.

• And with childish, I don't mean annoyingly childish. I mean a bit naive, and innocent.