What are the dos and don'ts when dating a guy 35-40?

1. What are dos and don't when dating an older guy I'm only 23?

2. Will he take me serious and will it be possible to have a serious relationship?

3. Do I suppose to call him first or wait on him to call me?

4. How do I know if he really interested in dating me?

Most Helpful Guy

• allot of these questions really depend on who the guy is rather than his age.

there could be guys your own age who you won't get allot of these from.

just play it one day at a time, you can still love him but be careful without being paranoid.

What Guys Said 7

• If you are OK with dating a guy who is considerably older than you, then it's not so much about his age but more about his personality. The first contact and effort made to see and talk to each other should be 50/50, but if this guy likes you and is serious about dating you, then it is likely that he will want to see and talk to you often. He will be 'extra' pleasant and nice to you and put your needs and wants before his own. He will say and do nice things for you and basically pay you much more attention than he would any other girl.

If he does all of these things and perhaps more, then I think it's safe to say that this guy genuinely likes you and is serious about dating you! I wish you good luck with this relationship! :o)

• It is not about his age .. more about his personality. I am 36 and I am looking for a serious relationship.. . if you ask me at 18.. I was also looking for a serious relationship then... apart from experience and maturity... my views and values are the same really. In regards to taking you seriously.. well.. it isn't about your age... its your personality that makes people take you seriously or not. Treat him as an equal.. he will actually hate it if you sort of treat him like ''daddy'' !

To sum it up... treat it like any other relationship .

• Don't have him think he's suppost to take care of you. Guys can get turned off if money is more important than the actual relationship. Do agree that a woman can buy her own stuff, of cause at the same time he has to have a job cause that proves how independent he is.

• Don't jump on his back, he might slip a disc.

Do try to reassure him that his hair isn't falling out and the stock market is going to take away retirement benefits.

• He is 38 he look and 28 and have the heart of a 28 year old, he bald so he don't have to worry about that and therefore about the economy there going to take everything away not just retirement. nothing in this world is guaranteed to anybody gotta put your trust in god!

• I would imagine it is the same as dating any guy, but prob less nonsense from someone your age. I think the only way to know is to try if you are interested. Did he ask you out? How did this happen?

• we work together and I was talking to him and he said that he like the way I think and how I'm very respectable and he want to know more about me.

• That is a good start! How does he act at work? Is he a big flirt with other girls?

• Naw I am really the only woman that hold a conversation with him and I tell him good morning and he said that he don't really talk to them other women because they be having an attitude I am the only person that speak to him and he said my smile make him happy. He was asking me if I was single and for how long I told him about a month and he said that was fine

• yes he's 27 and will take you serious ;)

he'll fly out on trips and get in magzines.

• I'm not sure about all of that, but he's one hell of a lucky guy...

What Girls Said 1

• when you start dating take everything slow