Men talking to younger women?

Is it OK if your boyfriend who is 40 gets texts messages from a 25 year old friend? They were friends before we dated.. I don't feel that she should be texting him.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's normal for men to talk to younger women but since he has a girlfriend it is kind of odd. But if they were already friends prior to the relationship I don't see anything inherently wrong with it.

What Guys Said 10

• If this is happening every week,you should be concerned about it.

If it's once a month,it might be different.

• did he ever have a relationship or sex with said female "friend"? not sure how the age matters here?

• You're being insecure and territorial. Just because he's dating someone doesn't mean he has to sever his friendships with members of the opposite sex.

• Yes it is ok.

• Does he hide the texts? Considering you know of them, probably not. If he's open about the communication I see no issue.

• Would it be OK if she was 55?

• No he should talk to me not her.. What does a 40 your old man need a 25 year old girl to be friends

• What does 25 years old have to do with it?

• Why not? I could see if he was trying to hide them from you. It's just a friend and he knew her before he knew you.

• Not ok.

Men and women can't be friends. A truth some hate to acknowledge.

You should be worried.

• What kind of friends were they? Close? Dated? Does he hide the texts or is he open with you? These would be concerns to have. If they were merely platonic friends and he shares it with you, probably not a real problem. If they had a relationship before, then no way should he have contact.

• Does he also restrict you from doing what you want?

• He has made comments of jealousy to me when guys talk to me

• My opinion is that jealousy is unhealthy and I personally never cared for what my girlfriend does. If she wants to cheat then I will just let her go. Trying to control someone never works and that goes both ways of course. Hope I helped a little

What Girls Said 4

• I wouldn't worry too much about it. I have guy friends who are substantially older than me, who are in relationships or even married... We still talk and hang out with mutual friends. It's totally platonic, but regardless, the other women often feel uneasy about it. I guess that probably would too, if I were in their shoes... But I can honestly say that nothing will ever happen between us. I have no romantic interest in these guys, and they're committed to their significant others. If he's being open about his interactions with this woman, he probably thinks nothing of it, and neither should you. If anything were going to happen between them, it would have already... Before you two started dating.

• It depends on what they talk about and the intention of the texting. I would not be comfortable with a guy I'm dating to talk to another girl while I'm next to him. And if I'm not there I would expect him to respect me enough to know that inappropriate conversations aren't OK. As for the girl is not really her problem, she isn't the one in a relationship so what does she care if he obviously doesn't. But if they have been friends for a long time he obviously appreciated her a lot and sees her as a friend, nothing else.

• He's not putting her in the friend zone I'll tell you that. she's texting him for a reason.

• It depends on the content. If it is normal conversation between friends I don't see a concern. Even if one is attached doesn't mean they have to cut off contact with friends of opposite gender especially if they have known each other for a while.