If someone says, "You know, this is NOT a date', are you disappointed?

If you're having a tete-a-tete with someone, not explicitly an arranged,formal date, and they look at you and say this, how would you react.?

Most Helpful Girl

• No.. don't be disappointed. Be challenged..

She just wants to get the point across that you're just " hanging out" and by no means should you interpret that as a DATE that may lead to commitment down the road. She wants to keep her options open... But who knows? You may be the greatest guy in the World to hang out with.. and she will be pursuing YOU to date...! Good luck.. Hugz.

What Girls Said 10

• If I gave no prior indication that I thought it was a date I'd probably be very surprised and think he's kind of a jackass for making assumptions. I'd politely laugh it off or tell him off, depending on how irritated I am.

If I thought we were going on a date and he said it wasn't a date ... well that wouldn't happen, I'm not THAT bad at reading vibes. If he was playing games or being ambiguous about the nature of the meeting beforehand and then said that, I'd probably not see him again.

• I'd probably be a bit embarrassed if I though I was on a date and he turned around and said that!

But I'm the type to go on the attack if I feel I've been put into an awkward situation, so I would probably reply with something like:

"Why? did you think it was?"

or

"No sh*t Sherlock"

or

"I know, I'm going on a date after this"

Tbh, this has actually happened before he said something like "This isn't a date you know, its just none of my friends could come to the cinema tonight"

But before I could answer the film started.. I was so depressed through the whole movie, not only was I the last person he asked, it turns out I wasn't even included in his circle of friends T_T

• I guess it depends on how they ended up out in the first place? Who asked? And how did they ask? You wanna hang out ? Was it with a group of friends? All these things matter to how I would reply to them saying that to me. However, the under tone of the comment is rude either way, so I would probably find a reason to politely leave. Who needs that? I am not wasting my time with rude people, whether friends or more.

• I would think they're pretty stuck up to assume I thought it was a date. I don't assume anything is a date unless it's explicitly stated.

• I would feel awful but not show it, simply laugh out loud and say, "That would have been funny because you are definitely not my type!"

Their reaction would be priceless! :)

• i'm always the one who says that.

• Well, try to imagine what he feels like! Yes, of course, it's usually the guy who wants something to be a date that isn't.

• No, if I don't have feelings for him.

I bet you always say such things to girls.;)

• no its more like a relief

• If I am not attracted to the person or pin any hopes ..no I wouldn't be disappointed

• Yes I will be if I like him,other than that I will be glad is not. Lol

What Guys Said 9

• if I liked her 'd be a little hurt inside,but then again if I'm on a date with a girl that would have been expressed before the hang out. If the hangout was spontaneous or I didn't like her I'd tell her that

"It's fine. I was actually trying to get an in with your friend/room mate"

• I'd be hurt but I'd laugh it off with something like "That's good, I only brought enough cash for what I'm eating."

• I suppose I would.

Reminds me of a question I've wanted to ask. Why girls ask if it's a date. I.e. "so, is this a date?" or "are you asking me out on a date?" I assume it's a good thing? Like they WANT it to be a date? But given women make 0 sense, who knows.

maybe I'll ask it later tonight or this week...

• Depends on the situation. If I liked the person I would be hurt and disappointed. If I didn't like them I would either be offended or confused

• "You really think I would go on a date looking like this?"

To squash that fat ego of hers.

She doesn't get to decide if I like her or not, I do.

• I'd be pretty let down.

And if I managed to keep my cool, I'd look at the lass and smile, "Oh, completely. I'm only looking for a FWB right now."

:D

• I felt like saying something like that, but I'm too much in love with her, to be honest, to do that.

• I would flip it around and go "well duh, did you think it was or something?"

best defense is an attack !

• also, a lot of guys don't see this but, a girl saying this to you is disrespectful. If you don't "check " her ass she will dislike you for not giving a proper "mental spank" that she needs. Girls are ridiculosu like that

• I say "I know. That's why we're at McDonalds."

• its interesting how most of the girls here say they wouldn't feel so bad, while the guys admit they would feel at least a little disappointed... hmmm

• Well, things haven't changed much really, it's nearly always the guy who is asking, so naturally the guy will be the one disappointed..