Would you date someone "living at home"?

To be more specific, I spend just as much (or more) of my waking hours elsewhere. I'm not a recluse. I have a job, several hobbies, and always have something going on each day of the week on top of college. Free time is virtually non-existent, but I still cram in time for friends. And people think commuters are not independent ;)

Would "living at home" be a big turn off though?

Most Helpful Guy

• I would totally date someone living at home. I currently am, because I do not have a full time job. I went to college but nothing worked out yet. would I like to move out? sure, but I really don't think I want to live around my area anymore, which is in a fairly big city. the exact city I live in is way too expensive anyways because it's more suburban from the big city (though the traffic would tell you otherwise). I would like to move north to the country, where my family and my aunt have another property, not that I would live in that property because it's not mine, but it is very nice territory and it has enough amenities to satisfy me. the only thing that I think may be bad is trying to find something to do. unless you are a recreational or outdoorsy person it may be a bit boring. but I would like to learn how to fly airplanes, and there is a small airport right there that I could take most of the lessons at.

but yes to answer your question yes it wouldn't bother me that somebody lives at home. especially with the way the world is right now. besides it's hard living on your own without anybody around,

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah, sure. Lots of people stay home to save money. It's fine as long as he's doing something, working and/or going to school, and not whiling away his time. I don't live at home anyway, so going to my place is an option. Free time being virtually non-existent may be an issue though. He's gotta have some time for me.

• In your situation NO.

If someone was just laying around doing nothing all day. They didn't have a job OR trying to better themseleves... Then YES it would.

• Depends on how old he was

• hmmm Depends on how old you are and if your parents are lenient or strict... When I was living at home temporarily, it sort of killed my romantic life because men my age looked at it as being less independent. Although I have a pretty good career, no children, am attractive, and was getting paid more than them.. It wasn't good enough because I wasn't out of moms and dads house.

• My boyfriend lived at home for the first 2 years of our relationship.

I would be concerned, however, that you wouldn't have time for a girlfriend if you're as busy as you say you are.

What Guys Said 5

• For some, it's a deal breaker without any consideration to his/her situation. Some are just looking for that progress you speak of.

The other reason some may get turned off is dependent on the parents. Some people are living in their 30's still under houserules like curfews and such. I dated a 22 year old and she still had to abide by all these silly rules and crap. I got fed up with it and had to dump her. Living by myself I have to watch out for girls who get excited at the thought of a guy living on his own especially if they live with their parents.

• I'm a guy and I still encourage girls to avoid dating guys living at home UNLESS they're in school, working to save up enough money or some other closely related, ambitious plan. A jobless, uneducated guy living at home, however? I would think not.

Then again, living situation doesn't affect some girls so it doesn't really matter one way or another.

• Where else would one live? You think girls will be turned off by a man living at home in favor of the man living on the street or in a crack house? I don't get it.

• guys far more likely will than girls

• Are you making enough to live on your own?