Would you date a guy that was in engineering?

Recently I found out what I want to go into and I want to do 3D mechanical design work and engineering, likely in the automotive industry. I am still a student but at this rate, I should be able to land a position in the field within another 6 to 12 months. I am really excited about it, but there's still quite a bit of work to do yet. It's going to be crazy though, jumping right into the real world! haha

I have had the hardest time with girls though growing up. I've never been on a date, or had a girlfriend or anything. At 23 I've never even kissed a girl! So I suppose that I'm just curious if a guy in engineering, or going into engineering, would sound interesting to you if you were to meet one.

Most Helpful Girl

• I really don't care all that much about what career a guy is involved in/planning to get into. It's good that you're doing something you enjoy though.

I doubt your issues with procuring a date, etc have anything to do with your chosen field lol. The fact that a guy is gonna be an engineer won't attract me - he has to have a good personality and we would need chemistry. Not the answer you probably want, but...

What Girls Said 2

• It's not the career that makes me date a man. It's his heart and smile!

• I have a very good heart. My smile is a little crooked, but not too bad I don't think. I hope not at least. :P

• That's all that matters! <3

• I would if I'm attracted to him: looks and personality wise

What Guys Said 2

• Yes, so long as you don't do the job I did... I was an engineer on submarines, meant I was away for most of the year... Not exactly the best situation for dating.

• I will sweetheart. You sound like a heck of a catch.