Do you believe in leagues when it comes to dating?

I believe in them. I will ask a woman out who is at least a 4, 5, 6 in the looks department if she had a nice personality. I'm at least a 4 in the looks department. If a woman is too attractive, I'll dismiss her and ignore her. Asking a beautiful woman out is rejection waiting to happen. Do you believe in leagues when it comes to dating?

Most Helpful Guy

• I believe that some people believe in leagues and use that as an excuse but I don't believe in leagues because they are completely subjective. I might find girl A to be a 9 and girl B to be a 4. My guy friend might find girl A to be a 4 and find girl B to be a 9. Girl A might find me to be a 4 and my friend a 9 and girl B might find me to be a 9 but my friend a 4.

So, I'm a 9 to the girl that I think is a 4 and a 4 to the girl that I think is a 9. So, to one girl I am better looking while to another girl my friend is better looking. Yet, it's the opposite for my friend and I when it comes to finding these girls attractive. Just like in sports, transitive property doesn't work in looks since they are completely objective, which means leagues are completely subjective. Unless something is objective it's pointless to believe in it as a way to determine who you should date.

Date people you find attractive and that find you attractive back. No need to worry about leagues because you might find a girl to be extremely hot and this girl might find you extremely hot, but all it takes is to believe in this idea of leagues and believe that you're not in this girls league or for this girl to believe that she's not in your league and the relationship might never happen because both of you refuse to take a chance of asking the other out simply because of this whole "league" thing. A person can easily drown oneself in self-pity. Oh, she's way to attractive for me, she's way out of my league. She thinks the same thing that you're out of her league. Which is why transitive property doesn't work because if it did, you can't both be out of each others league.

Same thing can be said for a person that thinks to highly of themselves and think they are out the other persons league when in reality the person they think they are out of their league finds this person to be extremely unattractive. So, in this case they both think they are out of the others league.

So, yeah, leagues don't really exist, even though there are people that believe in them. Just date people you are attracted too, and that are attracted to you as well since this whole league bulls**t is completely subjective.

What Girls Said 5

• I do believe it's common, whether it's conscious or not - there's a cool discovery documentary called the Science of Sex Appeal on Netflix that talks a lot about it. Personally, I don't purposely do it because I really can't figure out my number lol. Some say high, some say low since people's preferences can differ.

• i have never believed in them. I find some "top-tier" individuals to be quite unattractive in terms of looks.

• Yes at least for me.You won't be dating someone you don't find attractive unless if they have super great personality or something else to amaze you.I will date any guys around 5 or more.

• Not in terms of looks, but more in terms of personality, intelligence and social status.

• I'm shy (so I have a quiet personality), my intelligence is average, and my social status is low. I don't know that many people.

• Leagues are very real but it's now PC to say they don't exist.

What Guys Said 13

• Nope. People should go for who they want to go for. Leagues to me implies that one set/group of people is better than the other when in actual fact they are just different. A 4 in my eyes could be a 10 in yours. You might find skinny girls at 6,7,8 and I could find curvy girls at 6,7,8. Also going after a person based on looks alone is disturbing to me because it takes more than attraction to maintain a good relationship. Why is it that a persons looks outweigh whether they would be come good partners. Again compatibility is too big a thing to rely on looks alone. Never under estimate who you are. That 9 could be crushing hard on you because you may be confident or funny

• women are looking for more than just looks but yeah if you don't have some of what there looking for like a good job , nice personality , friends etc it might be a lost cause to go after some of these girls . but it still doesn't hurt to try sometimes if your feel like it , all they can do is say no . unless you keep pestering them then they might get more annoyed and do something more

but its true most really good looking girls do have high standards in guys in terms of what type of guys they'd actually get into a relationship with

• I can sense when a woman will reject me, which is the majority of them.

• Most super attractive women are gold-diggers, so as you say, it's best to keep your distance. But leagues? This isn't the Middle Ages, we peasants are allowed to chase after the queen if we want.

She may not be willing to let us catch her, but we certainly don't need to think she's like Marie

Antoinette., that you have to be royalty to even get near her!

Class segregation no longer extends so far as putting people in 'leagues', exxcept among US teenagers.

• Nope, I usually just date who I wanted, in the past I mean. How would you define leagues anyhow? By looks? By job? All those things are either material or something that isn't meant to last. Therefore it's meaningless. Date WHOEVER you want.

• I can't date WHOEVER I want. I'm not good-looking enough for any woman.

• If you believe in leagues then you are only placing restrictions on yourself. I don't believe in leagues (though I don't do much asking out as it is, unfortunately)

• If you aren't a good-looking guy in society's terms, women won't like you. Sadly, that's the truth.

• That actually works?

• I'll let you know if that works should I ever actually TRY... :/

• Leagues exist, it's just that leagues are very hard to define and they overlap each other or have fuzzy borders.

For instance, should leagues be built off of only looks or do personality and other things have their weight as well? Could someone with a great personality and average looks still be in the league of someone with an average personality but great looks?

The reason why people say leagues don't exist is that they are so unorganized and change so much that they practically aren't helpful or that important for dating.

• Well kids in High School believe in leagues. When you are an adult that stuff does not matter

• At my college, it does matter.

• It depends on the college. Community Colleges are generally like 13th grade. The freshmen there behave like they are still in High School. Universities are differant

• They're really immature there. But the women there are so attractive.

• Yeah I think there are different levels of attractivness to an extent, but a lot of looks are subjective and cultural.

• I don't believe in leagues per se, but I do believe in realistic/unrealistic expectations. I am realistic about who I can possibly date and what type of girl wouldn't go for me.

• I sure do

• Heck yeah. A fat slob of a girl isn't going to get a fit guy who can bicep curl 40 pounds.

A nervous geek isn't going to get a gorgeous girl.

Common sense stuff.

• Yep.

There are two leagues--looks, and status. Combined score is yours. Girls obviously, their league is based largely on looks. If she's physically fit, attractive, dresses attractively. Decent personality.

Guys, we need LAMPS.

Looks

Athleticism

Money

Power

Status

So a guy has multiple facets of what to improve, which can be good or bad. You can be good looking, but if you don't have game as a guy, tough luck. If you have great game, you can make up for looks. And status/money help a lot, obviously.

• No but I do believe that people end up becoming losers and can go back to being successful. I think looks are artificial and do not matter.