Women: Will you only date someone who makes more money than you?

I have heard many times that women will not date guys who make less than them so I am going to put a poll and see what most applies. Also elaborate why your answer is what it is.

Please no "All women are gold diggers" whining(since I feel guys will do this). Looking for serious answers.

• The guy must make more money than me.
  • The guy does not have to make more money than me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel that if a guy makes more money/equal it makes a woman think about their potential future together.

Women think about financial stability because if they were to plan a future together, the woman would want to make sure that her children are raised within their circle of financial security. That's what we are subconsciously built to do. To nurture. To buy groceries. To handle the household. This is caveman talk but all I'm trying to say is that women and men have different roles in the society. It is always underlined somewhere.

Yes we live in the 21st century and men and women are trying to balance this funny word called 'equals' but to be honest we are still not fully there yet.

So to be entirely honest with you, we women are not being shallow. It's just something we prefer because of this word called stability...which the woman helps provide with her man...to raise a secure future with their children...you know?

What Girls Said 4

• 'The guy does not have to make more money than me.' So no, I won't only date a guy who earns more than me. In my opinion it doesn't matter so much, a relationship is about supporting each other. If you are able to share the financial responsibilities and are in things together, then it works out just fine.

• For fun/nothing serious- no

Marriage material- yes

• Around the same amount is preferable, I like the fact that we would be equals.

• No, but around the same or more is preferred.

What Guys Said 2

• I rofled @ the ones who said no to make themselves not sound shallow.

• They will say it won't matter but it obviously does. Probably like 90% of women date or marry someone who makes more than them. Women say what people want to hear but they do what they want to do. It makes them come out as not shallow even though they are the most shallow