Do you disqualify someone as relationship material if she sleeps with you on the first date?

If you slept with someone on the first date, will you not date them anymore? If so, how? If not, why not?

• I won't date someone I slept with on the first date.
  • I will date someone I slept with on the first date.
You can respond for both genders, whoever you're dating basically.

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously something went right if we slept together after the first date so I wouldn't have a problem with dating them.

I've never slept with anyone on the first "date" but my current boyfriend was a FWB before he was my boyfriend. At that time he was a close friend of mine's best friend (although I had only spoken with him a few times) and I texted him and asked if he wanted to hang out and we did have sex that day, but I don't consider that a "date" since all I wanted was someone to sleep with at the time. Point is we've been dating for the past year no regrets

What Girls Said 13

• Another perspective (I don't know if others feel the same) -

If I want an actual relationship with the guy I would NEVER EVER sleep with him on the first date and I'll hold out for awhile. Current guy was six dates. (my lover was third but I would have on the first but HE held out because he wanted a relationship I later learned)

If I just want sex, I won't think twice and definitely will right away!

• No, I wouldn't. So what if he's easy. I guarantee you he's thinking the same thing about me.

If we have that connection I'll give him a chance.

• Well first of all I wouldn't sleep with someone on the first date, but there are situations where I might all ready know the guy. Therefore I might if I'm attracted to him sleep with him and I wouldn't count him out as someone to continue dating him. I think sometimes it takes out the awkwardness.

• I don't think I could date them. I was quite naive when this happened to me (my very first time I dated somebody, he asked if we could have sex on the first night) I said no luckily but we did sleep with each other maybe a month into the relationship. Needless to say he was a pr*ck.

• I don't think I ever would sleep with someone on the first date :-)

• I won't sleep with a guy I just know. It will be a total turn off for me if he try to zzz with me

• I don't get it. If you're both doing each other, how can one look at the other and say they are easy?

• If a guy tries to sleep with me on the first date I'll be extremely turned off and there most likely won't be a second date. I don't know about anyone else but I won't have sex with someone I have no emotional connection with.

• I would think they took out the fun in dating already if they jumped straight to the big thing and there will be not much to look forward to anymore for the days after so the relationship won't be fun anymore if everything was already done on the first day already! :O

• If a guy wants to bang on the first date, he's just screw buddy material to me. I don't want anything serious with him.

• i wouldn't sleep with someone on the first date...because I don't want to ruin my chances I also want to get to know him better first. but I sure would hope he would date me after that, I would keep dating him if we hooked up right away, just would be scared he wouldn't want to date me.

• If a girl sleeps with you on the first date why would you complain. I get that guys like to chase but why do they complain that girls are to hard to get sometimes. If she sleeps with you, maybe she likes you, don't date her if you just want to sleep with her once. Chances are, you'll just hurt her, if you dismiss her like garbage.

I don't sleep on first dates.

• I haven't slept with someone on the first date, but if I did he wouldn't be disqualified for that. That seems twisted to me, since I was a willing participant too.

What Guys Said 11

• It is not about the sex, but how she gives it. Many people forget that for sex to happen BOTH parties must want it. Sometimes the connection is so strong that you want to have se with your date. Sometimes if you are dating a friend those feelings have been there for a while and happen to come out on the first date

Now how the sex comes is important. If we are having sex to please me alone or to please her alone then that might cause complications. Sex should NEVER be used as a bargaining chip or a weapon. If she is not ready I respect, same thing if she is. If we wait 90 days and she isn't ready but feels compelled to that is just as wrong as she is using it as a bargaining chip/weapon. I'd have more respect for the girl who gave it up on day one because she wanted to

• if you went on a date with Angelina Jolie and she slept with you would you not want another date?

• Nah, I'd date someone no matter if I slept with them on the first date or never slept with them... and I've actually done both of those.

• I'd date them still but wouldn't take it seriously. They'd REALLY have to win me over

• it depends on the girl and her past

• Depends on a looooot of things and if she always does that yes/no.

• I used to say no to this. I had the opportunity to get to get laid on the first date once. Like the girl wasn't directly asking for it, but she was asking about my size and asking what I wanted to do. I could have but decided not to because I thought it would make her think that I would only want sex from her and nothing else. I've had friends that have had sex on the first date with their gfs and some of them ended up marrying each other.

I mean I'd be somewhat cautious, but there's no one way to do things.

The only reason I'd be against having sex on the first date is that it'd be odd trying to get to know someone, at least if you're looking for a relationship.

• I've actually heard it advised as a way to get a girlfriend. You see, dating is so finicky, and girls change their minds a lot, etc.

"Before you sleep with a woman, she will think of any way to disqualify you. After you sleep with her, she'll think of every way possible to qualify you."

Though you should really only sleep with a girl you really like, if that's the idea.

• Personally, I think a first date is alright if it just ends with a kiss. Sex can wait.

• No

• If she slept with me on the first date I would consider her relationship material because I obviously really like her and already think of her filling that role if I am willing to sleep with her. However, I would be cautious if I knew she had slept with someone else on a first date and take things really slowly or maybe not enter a relationship with her because she may move at mock speed into a relationship.

• Why would I dismiss someone for doing the same thing I am doing? I hold others to the same standard I hold myself to. That said I don't sleep with women on the first date, and would be concerned if they were that easy.

• Same here, except that I don't sleep with them on the first date because my game's not that good.