Would you date a divorced person?

Hi.. question is above... state your reason why or why not.

• Yes
  • No
  • Depends

Most Helpful Girl

• Would you date a divorced person?

B. No... as since I'm heterosexual that means dating a divorced male and excluding how his divorce state suggests his failure and lacking as a worthwhile partner I find divorced guys tend to be more bitter, resentful, and misogynistic towards gals than most guys are. As well as there's the chance he's a father and just like most guys have no to little interest in single mothers I have no interest in single fathers though unlike it seems most guys I don't spew hatred about them being single parents.

• ohh Udolipixie... you just don't like us guys don't you :) ... in any case.. I am not bitter at all.. I had an amicable divorce... andi don't have any children... .. infact.. I married a single mom and I helped her raise her daughter to be a confident and successful girl. Thanks and all the best :)

• I'm indifferent towards guys as I am with most groups of people. I don't really do like or dislike unless it pertains to hatred, harming children, or harming animals I'm not that emotional.

No need for the thanks.

• You are definitely not emotional..

What Girls Said 14

• I would date a divorced person if me and him had the right chemistry. I think everyone should have a second chance at love. If the shoe was on the other foot, would I want guys to shun me just because things didn't work on in my first marriage? Absolutely not, as long as ex-wife is definitely out of the picture and not coming back then it's perfectly fine with me.

• At one time, when I was younger and more naive, I'd have said no...but as a divorced woman now I would have no issues with this whatsoever.

Sh!t happens, regardless of the best of intentions.

• Very insightful answer .. really :)

• Yes, I would 8f I'm really into him. Why, not it's not like he's still married.

That's almost like saying I not date a guy that was in a relationship.

Why not it's over?!?!'

• Some people think a divorced guy is somehow less committed or that there is something wrong with him. I don't know why either..

• That is very smart and mature!

• Thanks =)

• Yes. As long as he's within my age range 21-28 and he wasn't left because he's abusive. Men who use to be married are actually better people to date. It's been proven by a dating expert and matchmaker

• it wouldn't make a difference to me

• I would date a divorced person, why? He's a person and has a heart just like I do.. it's not fair to judge a person from their past..

• depends, as long as he didn't divorce because of spouse abuse I am fine.

my perception of the person won't change just because of he is divorcee

• No it isn't spouse abuse.. just people discovered that they are very different

• then it doesn't make any difference to me.

• Was dating a divorced dude and he wasn't emotionally available at all. Just up and disappeared after 3 months. Bad news...

• When I was younger I would have said no! I don't want to be second best. But now I realize how stupid that is. Every life is different and so many things can go wrong. I would also not mind children per se, but I would need to be able to like them. I would not date a man who had children but did not want to see them and did not care about them. If he was a father I would want him to be a good one.

• That is fair enough.. and very insightful of you !

• No not at the moment because I'm in my early 20's. Maybe from early 30's? Also, it depends on whether you have kids or not.

• i am separated, I don't know how to go about dating myself.

i understand your feelings, but I don't know what to say as I am in the same boat.

you said you married to a divorced woman and helped her raised her daughter, may I ask what happened? are you two still friends?

• We parted as friends yes. But now she lives in a another country and has remarried. So we don't keep in contact any more.. but this is because we have no children together. I am friends with her family though. They like me.

My situation is a bit different. This marriage was my first ever relationship. And we simply were not compatible . We both made mistakes and we decided to part as it is the best for both of us.

• I would date a divorced person as long as he's not in the middle of it.

• My wise grandmother told me to never date a guy whose been married before, they bring bad luck in my family.

• Yes

What Guys Said 4

• I might have to at the rate I'm going with this whole dating thing, which is absolutely nothing. so by the time I figure dating and women out I might be dead

• Yes , I would buti wuld have a problem with the co parenting with her ex.

• Sure.

• Only if she's my age and free of family and financial burden. I won't put up with the damage of a previous relationship (marriage or not).