Do you really let the other person know if you're not that into them?

It's a question in general but it fits my situation as well. I went on a date last week with a guy I talked to for a while (blind date) and it was...okay. I kinda realized he's not my prince charming. He was trying too hard to be funny or this or that. But I said I wanted to get to know him better but the more he texts me, the more he annoys me. I don't think he's funny anymore and when he finds something he can "tease" me with he uses it for days and days until it gets too much, so I just ignore the last comments then.

So anyway, I was wondering how many of you would tell the person straight that they're not that interested (and how do you tell them) or do you just let them notice it for themselves by limiting contact or something.

Or if any of you have advice for my situation, always welcome and thanks in advance!

• Yes, I tell them straight to the point
  • No, I let them notice it
  • Other (explain please) / See results
Thanks for the good advice!

Most Helpful Girl

• depends on the situation. sometimes I drift and sometimes I tell them straight.

i think ignoring first and then if they KEEP going you might have to say something.

example I went on a first date, he was OK. but then he tried to pressure me into going on a second date the next night and I said I am busy with schoolwork but he kept begging me and so I gave in.

then I regretted it so I cancelled on him. I figured he would get the hint, but he still kept texting him, so I texted him nicely that I don't think we are right for each other. it's easier to be direct.

What Guys Said 4

• I think most people these days just cut off contact. I usually will stop texting a girl or calling which ends things most of the time cause most girls don't want to do the initiating.

It's pretty easy to see when a girl isn't interested either because most of the time all her replies are super short or you don't hear back from her.

I think the only times someone actually gets told verbally is when asking somebody out, then the other person might say sorry I'm not interested or make up a lie about being in a relationship already

• so if a guy stops replying, they lost interest? (like if they replied before but then stopped)

• Yeah I would say usually if a guy has let a couple days pass without any text or call, he's either not interested or genuinely extremely busy like on a business trip or something

• I have always had social anxiety and I will tell you that if somebody is interested in you and you show no response or interest back that will fade away and never speak to you ever

• do not meet he and contact

• I cut off all contact; simply because it's easiest.

The other one, letting a girl know, could be a whole lotta mess

What Girls Said 9

• No, I just can't be that blunt. I'll give them a chance and let them catch on that I'm just not into him.

Ex: I'll tell him sorry I'm busy, won't answer his calls, text him less and less, etc. and hopefully he gets the message.

If not that I'll just say I'm sorry taken, so I won't hurt the guys feelings.

• I find it hard to tell someone that you're not interested so I make- up any chance not be with them or make up an excuse to why I can't be 'going out with them! Plus, I would go talk to one of my best guy friend and talk to him about it as well as my cousin and mom maybe my dad, too to see what advice they have to give or someone to listen to me when I have to talk about them!

• I think it's best to just tell them that you aren't interested, so the poor guy doesn't have to waste his time on something he can't have anyway.

• I would stop contacting him or won't sound so interested so that he could catch the hint. If he persist on I may have to tell him about it but in gentle manner.

• I tell them up front about it. I know what it's like to be strung along, to have the fade pulled on me and this was a person I invested A LOT of energy, time and money in (I went all the way to India to meet this person) and he screwed me over royally. He strung me along to use me as bait for the next girl and then did all of this. It hurts like hell that he hasn't told me he is with her and he doesn't want me to come back. I'm not the type of girl who gets the picture- I'm gonna pursue until you drop it on me direct. That's the way I am. You have to have the balls to reject me or I'm gonna think you're still interested. I'm not a hint taking girl. I'm too damn grown up for the bullcrap like that.

• I do not usually say it directly I let my actions and body language do all the talking. But they keep on texting me or calling me and they do not pick up the signs I show I just ignore their calls or take a long time to respond/say very little, I don't want to lead that person on. I hate hurting people's feelings who are interested in me.

• i don't outright say "i don't like you" but my facial expressions and how I act around them definitely shows it

• Kind of. I just tell them I just wanna be good friends with him. They get the point every time.

• Absolutely, If I didn't it would keep going on.