How can I move on when this means so much to me?

Growing up, I was always the girl who liked guys, but never got liked back. I was kind to everyone, friendly and I'm sociable and confident. I hadn't had ANY relationship experience and no one to teach me, not even my mom, so I just went off of what I felt was right. The first guy I dated, rejected me after 2 months. I was hurt, embarrassed & wished I had another chance. After this guy, I read books on dating, learned a lot, and tried to improve myself as much as possible. After a year, I met a great new guy. We talked and went on one date, but he never ended up calling me again. I was devastated because I felt like I kept messing up. Like my lack of experience was killing my chances of being with the guy I liked so much. I recently saw this guy after 1.5 years of not talking. I hoped he would call/text me after seeing me, but nothing. I feel so empty because my whole life, I've dreampt of having a happy relationship that I would see other girls having. I am 20 years old and never had a boyfriend. I beat myself up everyday, thinking of all the things I could have done differently. I try dating other guys and keeping myself busy to get over this guy, but I can't. I wish I had another chance with this guy but I can't...What can I do? I'm kind of depressed.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm in the same situation here in India.I'm studying medicine and surgery.So due to studies and a strict culture I don't have a girlfriend although I look nice compared to other guys in my college.
    Guys of my age in your country probably lost their virginity so earlier compared to me but instead I believe if I involve myself in dating then it'll ruin other goals of my life because I sacrificed a lot to get admission in a medical college in my town.
    My advise to you is to get a better physique because Men mostly like looks this days, I know it's sad but it's the truth

What Guys Said 8

• Hang on, the first guy you dated, did you date for 2 months?

You realize every date that anyone in the world has that doesn't lead to marriage ended at some point. That doesn't mean they 'suck at dating'.

The goal of dating is not to hold on to that person no matter what. Its to enjoy each others' company and see if you're a good long term match. You shouldn't change yourself to try to please them too much, you need to show them your true self and want the same back. Doing that can actually make breakups come sooner, but its how you find the right person for you.

• Some people just aren't dealt with very good cards when it comes to romance, it's a sad truth.

Personally, I just threw love away and hit the gym and working on starting businesses, I find money to be much more dependable then romance or people, but I'm a highly jaded man.

• You just have to learn how to move on. The problem is that you're making "having a relationship" the epitome of validation. Try not putting that goal on such a high pedestal.

• You are young. You have to just learn how to deal with these rejections. If you look at marriage as being an indicator of a "success" then my odds are horrible...I've only had one success to countless failures.

It's all an odds game.

• You might have already read this,because it's recent.

Just in case link

• You aren't "meant to be alone" cause the guy you dated wouldn't have been with you for two months. there was something good about you that he liked.

• Well..

You think you are fat or ugly?

How do you look?

Cute? Sexy? Beautiful?

Can you show your self? I mean a picture of you..

• You just haven't met the right one yet. Maybe it is the way you smell what your breath smells like or maybe it is something about your body that they don't like you might want to check on that

What Girls Said 2

• Wow, you sound EXACTLY like me. Although it isn't a good boat to be in, It's good to know we're not alone. (:

• I believe there is someone for everyone