Starting online dating, can I please get your help/feedback?

Hey all, as Stated above I need your help with opinions and feedback, I'm starting online dating and am trying to see how I rate, please help, I'm trying to find out how attractive I am from 1-10.

If you could please also read my About me section and tell me what you think :) also any awesome tips from previous/current online eaters would be awesome too :)

Photos (via Instagram)

link

POF Profile (POF members only)

link

About Me Section:

Introducing in the Red corner a feisty ranga at a whopping height of 5'7...yeah I'm a short ass and have (slightly) red hair, I'm cool with it, we all know Leprechauns have more fun anyhows :p

I'm a Bartender, Studying Civil Engineering [almost finished...thankfully]

I am pretty shy and reserved initially but warm up to people and become a bit more outgoing and a lot more fun :)

Other than that I could write the usual I enjoy staying (relatively) fit, hiking, travelling (I loveeeee travelling), music, movies, having fun (Surprise Surprise, who doesn't lol)...but you've read it all before.

So instead, I now put to you a few very (very) important questions just for a little fun:

1) Your favorite thing about you?

2) Dream travel destination (Now now, just pick one)?

3) Yellow Jelly Baby or Blue Jelly Bean?

4) If a kid refuses to sleep at nap time, are they guilty of resisting a rest?

Someone had to use a dad joke :p

Want to know more about me, answer these questions then ask away :)

What am I Looking for?

Looking for a Nice, down to earth and fun girl to go on Cute Casual dates with to Movies, Theatre, Stand-up Comedies, and just random activities to have a genuine laugh and a good time with. That could possibly lead to a more serious relationship, if you whoo me of course ;)

Potentially I would like someone to go travelling with, locally an internationally, as I still have so many places to tick off my bucket list. Cambodia, Great Barrier Reef, London anyone?

Preferably looking for someone between 20-28 years old, have a strict Non-smoker and No Drugs rule and preferably under 5'8 and not a mum (sorry, I still want to travel and kids need proper structure)

What Girls Said 1

• Physically, I would say you're a 7-8/10, so no issues there (I've been on POF, there are no models or anything, so you may as well be an 11 for online dating).

I do agree with ImSoSozzled, though. I would cut out;

"So instead, I now put to you a few very (very) important questions just for a little fun:

1) Your favorite thing about you?

Someone had to use a dad joke :p

Want to know more about me, answer these questions then ask away :)"

and

"That could possibly lead to a more serious relationship, if you woo me of course ;)"

Save the questions for breaking the ice, and use a variation of the second one for flirty exchanges. Girls mostly enjoy being chased at the beginning (in a non-stalkery way - think gallant gentleman types, I guess), so the second one kind of implies they'll have to put in most of the work.

A lot of the girls on POF are a bit weird online, so don't ask to meet up too soon (they seem to always think 'serial killer', which is odd).

And, above all, don't send repeated messages asking why they haven't replied. That IS creepy and somewhat threatening.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• I like your profile (no homo), but I've always had the best luck when I kept my about me shorter. I feel like women (subconsciously?) think it looks like the harder you're trying on there, the more desperate you look. Or maybe when they don't know as much about you they are more intrigued? Whatever the reason, I got the most responses when I had like one sentence about where I was in life, and then something along the lines of "getting to know someone by reading about them is lame, so let's get talking ;)" I would keep my messages short as well.

Online dating sucks though. If you want to use it, just use it as a supplement to dating, but also put effort into approaching women in real life (especially in the day time). I've had a lot more success with that, because most guys are too scared to do it so there's zero competition, compared to online where women get 50+ messages a day.