Is it totally strange to date a guy who is younger than you?

This guy I know is like 4 years younger than me, and for some reason lately, I have totally been checking him out and stuff. This is like the first time since I was in middle school that I Haven't been pursuing/pursued by a guy, so I am not sure if it is just me wanting someone to be interested in or if I actually like him. I am pretty sure he is returning the looks, though, but not sure if it is frowned upon to date someone that much younger than you... Any tips or answers would be greatly appreciated :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I have date several girls 9 to 11 years younger than I, and I've never gotten any flack for it. Of course, I have a babyface so maybe it doesn't look as big a difference as it actually is. When I was 20, I dated a 29 year. I never heard anyone complain.

What Guys Said 3

• I used to try to catch older girls at your age, with very little success, but I enjoyed the attempt...l!

Girls quite often date guys more than 4 years older in high school; it's one of the biggest double standards that guys aren't 'allowed' to get near an older girl. Most girls would be embarrassed to be seen with a yunger guy.

I mean, that IS a big age diffference at your age, but why not go for it? Be a trail blazer! Down with double standards!

• It depends on what age you guys are. If you both are in your mid 20s then its not a problem. If you are 18 or 19 and he is in his 20's then its a problem. Not only will you not be able to do to bars and clubs with your boyfriend, but your boyfriend will go to bars and clubs without you. Most guys over 21 don't want girlfriends that are under 21.

• depends on the age if you're 18 and interested in a 14yo I'd say it is weird and or creepy, 24 and 20 though isn't that weird

What Girls Said 1

• 4 years isn't much depending on age. I was friends with benefits with a man 15 years younger, I don't know if age is why he didn't want more than friends with benefits from me since we are extremely close, best friends in a sense and still talk pretty much daily. But that's a huge difference compared to yours.