Why do you think some guys take long to reply to texts? What is your reasoning?

What is your reasoning behind why some guys take so long to reply to texts? I want to hear from guys and girls on this please.

• They're lazy
  • They don't care
  • Busy
  • Other (explain)

Most Helpful Girl

• They're busy doing other things. Guys don't seem to be as stuck in their cell phones as girls are. They also don't seem to enjoy texting as much, either. For whatever reason.

My boyfriend hates texting. We've never texted each other much. Not even right when we started dating and he was all infatuated with me and wanting to spend every day with me. Even then, he didn't want to text much. He texts like a caveman, lol. I'm lucky if I get one complete sentence out of him when we text. It's frustrating sometimes, when I'm trying to get important information out of him.

What Guys Said 9

• I am going with busy, however I also think many guys, just like girls, have that "Afraid of being clingy" fear.

• I went with Busy. For the most part, texting just isn't a high priority for guys. I'm guilty of this too, so I speak from experience.

Also, realize that the average woman uses about 7,000 words per day, whereas the average man uses about 2,000. We're just not as expressive in that way.

• For me it's mainly because I'm busy for whatever reason. I might also be in a bad mood at the time I notice it, and will get back to them later when I'm level headed. That's not saying the bad mood is due to their actions, I just don't want to subject them to that if I respect them because they might unintentionally get all self conscious about it and think it's them.

• depends. some because they don't want to appear clingy. some because they are afraid of what to say. others because they might be egomaniacs who think that a girl will maintain interest in them even if they don't reply to a text. millions of reasons are possible.

• Depends heavily on what you consider a long time to respond.

I'm not glued to my phone, and at work I have it muted. I may not realize I've received a message for some time. I may be away from my desk when the message comes in and my phone is charging. I may be having a discussion or be in a meeting. I may read it and not feel a reply is warranted. I may read it and feel a reply is warranted, but also requires some time to think about an appropriate response.

Etc...

• It doesn't matter if you're a girlfriend or a friend. I always reply as I hate ignoring people.

If I don't reply then I am really busy, so I voted busy.

• If I reply late then usually it means something just came up or I forgot to send the message. If I don't text them back that same day, then that means the convo was getting stale and they began to bore tf out of me.

• I voted B.

I've found I only text when I'm really bored. Perhaps I project that onto everyone else and assume they're only texting me because they're bored, waiting in line for something, or trying to avoid contact with someone nearby. I don't want to be the best of a bad situation.

I'm not dying to reply to a question of "how are u". If I'm fine (aka not bored) then I wouldn't need to text.

• Trying to act cool, could be busy or like most off us not a fun off texting and phone thing. Face to face is best.

What Girls Said 9

• Guys don't rely on constant communication as much as women do. It's not that they don't want to talk, they just don't find it necessarily as important to answer immediately. They don't really mean anything my it. :)

• Lol, you should've had a the option... I'm going with all of the above

• I would say either because they're busy or because they could care less about texting u. And when I say that they can care less, I mean maybe they're not that into u, so texting a certain person ASAP isn't a priority.

• Busy or not interested

Doesn't want to lead you on

• Ugh I hate that too. I think its because they don't want to see to eager or interested. They are either not interested , so tge gaps are to discourage you from talking to them. Their mind might be somewhere else. They might not realized/forgotten that they've gotten a text. Or if they're like me, they've already written the response but forget to press "send."

• B. I think Usually guys aren't that into texting..but some people are not the responsive type.

• It could be anything

• as a woman, I don't care much because my job is so busy and stressed.

i actaully have three text from three people I haven't return text yet. sometimes I just don't feel like.

i would rather phone or meet up.

the whole text thing is taking up too much time.

guys prob. feel the same way.

for me is B and C

• Guys don't really like texting.