Do guys sometimes wait for a girl to text if he's been texting her a lot?

there is this guy I have a flirtationship with in short we have gone on dates, made out, flirt a lot but it's more like friends because we aren't in a sexual or romantic relationship. and honestly with him I like it that way.

anyhow last week I had my wisdom teeth out and we were texting a LOT but I was at home, sick,etc. we spoke part of last week but not at the end of the week.

then today he texted me and asked if I'm better. I said pretty much. so he said "then why didn't you contact me for?"

i think he must want to keep talking to me if he continued, right? why did he say this ? he always nags me "Why don't you call me more" or "why don't you text me more" or "don't you miss me" etc..

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, a lot of guys do, myself included. If a girl I'm seeing or a potential date isn't texting me first then I monitor how much I do that and give some space. Although it's not good when you're the person texting first, it doesn't always mean that it's over if your potential date doesn't text first.

It could vary with the person too. Some girls could just be very shy and don't know what to talk about.

Relationships and friendships are 50/50 though. It should never be 100/0 or considered a job.

What Guys Said 6

• Definitely this is a thing people do. I like many other people always respond to texts. People know this so if you are having texting conversations with someone its hard to know that they are interested. Yes, they can give hints with short responses and not extending the conversation but still its very difficult to know if they actually want to talk to you or are just responding because they feel they should.

Therefore, if I notice I have initiated every single conversation for a while in a row, I will wait a little bit and see if the person texts me to initiate a conversation. People want the relationship to be equal and not have one person always be in charge, so that's why he did this.

• Yes, he likes you. Yes, guys will wait to see if a girl will text them first (most guys just won't text back or, if he does, won't say anything about you not texting first).

• Texting and calling is give and take. If I'm always the first one to text, that's a problem and I'm going to bring it up. If she doesn't send me a text first, I'll think she's not thinking of me, not interested, or I'm bugging her, so I'll stop all texts/calls.

• I agree with the others regarding your question. But, you do realize he wants an actual relationship with you, don't you?

• Text, semxt. Just talk on the phone for the love of gawd!

• I'm guessing he's the one to initiate every single thing?

I skimmed very quickly through others replies and yeah, it's a give and take thing. I ha*e when I'm the one to initiate every single thing, which basically applies to all girls :(

• It seems that way for me and some girls. I have to watch how often I text sometimes and give space on purpose to avoid being seen as clingy. I'm afraid to ask about it even when it's suspicious because if I'm not in a relationship with the person, it might come off as me being a worrier or desperate too. Another time this girl who I thought was really into me would text me a lot and one day she seemed very into me so id give and take and text back the next day then shed give generic responses.

What Girls Said 1

• I'm not a guy but if I notice I'm doing most of the initiating I wait a bit and see if he texts me to make sure he actually wants to text and isn't just being polite by returning mine.