Why do some girls date really older guys?

I'm talking about like 10+ year differences here. I'd like to know... why are some girls primarily interested in really older guys?

Most Helpful Girl

• Financial security?

Daddy-issues? (older guys "take care" of them and baby them and treat them like a princess, whereas guys their age treat them like an equal)

They're gold diggers and are after the guys' money after they're dead? lol

I don't know really. I've never been able to understand this myself.

I also hate it if an older guy hit on me. I mean, do I look like someone who is looking for a guy because of the above mentioned reasons? Do I look like a godl digger? Do I look like a girl who can't take care of herself? It's an insult, really.

What Girls Said 13

• Just because you date an older guy doesn't mean their age has anything to do with the attraction. It also does not always have to do with Daddy Issues, I'm sure some is related to it but not everyone has daddy issues because they date older men. I'm currently dating that is 13years older than me it has nothing to do with money. Hell I didn't know how old he was when I met him. I'm not at the same maturity level as a lot of the people at my age. I still do stupid sh*t but I seem to have a better grasp on life then most 22year olds I know, their out drinking and partying every night, they waste their money like crazy most don't have a clue what they're doing with their life. I just can't do that anymore and dating anyone with that maturity drives me insane. My boyfriend treats me right and has a grasp on his life.

• Personally, I think it has a lot to do with security. More often than not, older guys are way more mature and way more financially stable (although this is not always the case...my boyfriend just turned 23 and is a welder, and I have an ex-boyfriend who just turned 30 and is a waiter).

Then again, it is very possible for a younger woman to truly fall in love with an older man. I have a co-worker who is married to a man that's around 20 years older than her (that's kind of a rough estimate, but I don't think it's too far off), and judging by their behavior when I have seen them together, I honestly don't think that they could be happier.

• Because they are:

1. usually more mature than the guys her age

2. they know exactly what they want, especially since they had an extra 10+ years to figure it out

3. have established their career

4. are financially stable by this point

5. they just connected with the person and can't help who they fall in love with

• Some people can look past a number and realize that's all it really is if they find someone they're compatible with.

Just because others don't think they're compatible doesn't mean they're not...

• Not very many do. I've known a few girls who were genuinely attracted to much older guys, the same way that some are attracted to redheads or thin guys. The other few I know with much older guys tend to be gold digger types, in all honesty.

• I have a crush on a much older man (25 years older than me). It's not money because I make more than he does. He's very attractive, but he's also got wrinkles, arthritis, etc (lol). I just think he's a really nice, vibrant person and he has a lot of confidence. There's also something about him that just exudes sexuality. I don't know what it is, but I can't stop fantasizing about him. It's killing me.

• I have no idea. IMO I consider it a fetish its something you can't fully understand unless you have it yourself or are a psychoanalyst. I personally think its gross. 5 years is not a problem, 10 years is pushing it and anything over that makes me vomit. I prefer somebody who is fresh and unused like myself to learn and grow with. More to reminisce on.

• daddy issues

or the girl wants to be "taken care of", meaning she wants a more dominant man

• it's a matter of personal preference I don't mind dating a guy who's 2-3 years my senior maybe in his early 20s would do too so I guess it depends on your taste in men - some women go for guys their age, some go for older guys the same with men

• Older guys tend to dote on women and treat them well ...not necessary money but of course money sometimes money play a part depending on the women

• I dated an older guy because he had more experience and it paid off for our sexual relationship.

• Because they like men who are a bit more mature than them and who look responsible.

• I have no idea, I'm not into older guys. I can understand why a teenage girl would be attracted to a guy in his 20s, but I don't get why a woman in her 20 would be attracted to a guy in his late 30s or even older. But that's me.

• I suppose it depends on the degree to which the person takes care of themselves. Same applies to women. Generally, younger women are more attractive. But older women can be just as alluring, but many decide to let themselves go and abuse their bodies.

• The thing is, there are men that are much older than me who I find physically attractive and all. But I'm just absolutely not into this whole provider/protector stuff. I want a partner who is equal to me.

What Guys Said 6

• Primarily because :it simply goes against nature,meaning some older guys are past that

point of being imature in life. He understands how to focus on key points

within the relationship that makes...you happy instead of creating conflict.

Older guys understand a younger woman as a truly delicate un- tarnished flower that brings about an invisible energy to the feelin

All older guys do not have money...which is a stereotype. But some will

use money as an addition to the package he brings to the relationship.

Some older guys,in ways never really grow old ...age is just a number (:

Older guys are simply wiser and they understand how to manage relat-

ionships better in every kind of way. Its a win- win situation if you are a

mature younger woman. much more common among latin women.

• Not really sure. I know a girl was dating during high school dumped me for an older guy. Eventually I noticed she was dating only guys ten times older than me, and it was weird. Later in life when we were okay, she mentioned that it was because she preferred having a guy that lives on his own and has a car... but then she broke up with some because they wanted to get married and have kids!?

I don't get it. Sometimes it's about maturity, but again, not sure why 10 years or older. Maybe some father issues?

• Because people (especially women) are all about emotions. If a person can condition the other to associate him or her with good times and positive emotions, he or she will overlook or rationalize just about anything.

• Because guys just want looks and a nice personality.

Girls are attracted to men based on LAMPS.

Looks

Athleticism

Money

Power

Status

Young women date older because older men are more confident, have more money, status, and if they've done the work, still have looks.

Women 30 or so date older because guys 30 or so now can date younger, hotter women, so they do. Why get a 2005 Dodge Charger when you can easily afford a 2010?

• I'm kinda on the fence about this

• At that point the have enough money to spoil them...or so they think.