Would you leave a woman you're seeing or dating if she found out she can't have children?

If you met a girl and a few months down the road of you seeing her or dating her she found out she had an issue that would prevent her from ever having kids would you stop dating her? I just found out that children will not be possible for me and I'm scared that a guy will leave me because I can't have kids...ik having children is important to a lot of men...and it is important to me and crushes me deeply I can't.

Most Helpful Guy

• Months down the road? Who knows. If the topic has come up in the past and she knew that she was unable to have them then I probably would feel a bit deceived if she had not opened up about it at the time. If it was never broached, then it would be hard to say. It really just depends on the person involved. I know of men that have married women despite knowing they could never have children. A girl that I was seeing for some time also had a condition that would have made it extremely difficult on both herself and a possible child, but despite knowing that kids may not be in the cards I stayed with her until other things split us apart. All you can do is be open about it if it comes up. I know that it may be a painful subject to discuss, but the ramifications of withholding it may be worse.

• I'd never hold the truth back...I just told the guy I'm with today. I learned the day before. Ill always be honest from the start. I just didn't know untill now.

• That's the best way to go about it, there's really nothing else that can be done.

What Guys Said 4

• It just means you would need to find a guy who doesn't want children and guys are much more likely to not want children compared to women. There's plenty of guys who don't want children and see them as nothing more than a bunch of screaming maniacs who give them headaches.

Honestly, having children is a luxury in this economy right now so I personally would not have a problem dating someone who can't have kids because it was never a big focus of mine.

• But I still want and child one day...adoption or suragecey is an option for me.

• I would feel horrible but if she could not have kids that's a problem for me. I want a large family in the future.

• Thank you for the honest answer...Ithink more men would leave than admit :( ...would you go through hard core fertility with her or adoption?

• I would try all the fertility options available that we could afford. I would not adopt, I want my kids to have my dna.

• Very sorry to hear. I was told a couple of years that I might not be able to have children because of a health condition.

But I've always been a fan of adoption, even before I was told by doctors that I may not be able to have kids. Just always appealed to me. If I met a girl who couldn't have kids or could but stayed with me, I'd really hope she'd be open to the idea of adoption. If not, I doubt I'd stick around. I love kids and don't see myself not having them when I'm older.

• I really hope you find some one hun! Adoption is always an option for me and I'd try anything fertility as well.

• Damn... that's a really hard question to answer... I'm a guy and I don't see how this won't sound selfish but it all depends.

If I know that she is "the one" for me and wants to raise children then I wouldn't be opposed to adopting. Yeah of course it sucks for both people but sometimes big sacrifices turn out to be not so bad.

I'm SURE there are many guys out there who feel the same - don't worry too much about it!

What Girls Said 3

• 1st, I'm sorry to here about your condition. But when a man comes, he will stay with you even if you can't have kids if he truly loves you. Now a days there are many ways of forming a family. Best of Luck!

• I'm hoping your right hun

• If the man loves you more than his desire to have children it shouldn't be a problem. That being said you better be honest about it because if you tell him later on into the relationship once you're already invested it will be a lot worse.

• Oh no Ill be very honest its just I just found out :(

• if you are dating, best to be open.

if you are single, then look for someone who is okay not having children.

just make things easier.

my girlfriend has a very bad childhood. decided to not have kids after she got married. he does and always wanted kids. so they are now divorced. obviously there are other reasons as well.

its not the end of the world. adaption is also an option