Why should I even try dating anymore?

Put it like this...every time I meet a woman I'm interested in, she's already dating or married. But oh wait...I'm told that if I don't try, I'll never succeed...but when I do try, I still don't succeed. So what's the point? We live in an age where it's looks before personality. Money before personality. Possessions before personality. So if women wonder why there are so many a**holes out there, it's because you create us! I'm not an a**hole but wait...the saying goes "Nice Guys Finish Last". So I'm supposed to wait until the bruised, battered, emotionally scarred woman finally decides she wants a nice guy? How is that fair? Please no bashing replies, and only serious replies.

Most Helpful Guy

• Society has no sympathy for guys whatsoever. You're new here I see and All I have to say is this. Users on GAG only care when a girl has dating problems not when a guy does. They blast him for being frustrated and they just insult guys who have dating problems even further. They will call you "bitter" and hit you with the "generalizing women" label. They will try to discredit your "nice guy" claim and accuse you of acting like you're a nice guy and/or say you're confused about what a nice guy is.

• I've been here going on 3 years and I see some truth in this

• It's true. Most guys on here use the "politically correct routine" and ass kiss up to these women on here with hopes of hooking up with them. Most of these guys are on the outside looking in and they have never been in the guys who have bad luck in dating whether its their own fault or not shoes.

What Girls Said 1

• Nice guys finish last? I could say the same thing for women. There seem to be a lot of messed up people running around--and it just gets worse the older you are when it comes to dating. I know several women that have just given up--and I'm talking about nice, attractive and smart women with good jobs. It's easy to say it is all about looks and money for women but it isn't. I would agree with Distant though--most people prefer someone that matches them (ie. if they have a good job, they want someone with a good job as opposed to someone that is unemployed). When there is chemistry, however, sometimes it doesn't matter.

I don't know what men want. You act nice and try to look your best but all you get is married men trying to take advantage of you. Then you see comments like the ones telling guys to go for fat or ugly girls. What's up with that?

What Guys Said 3

• Would you expect a girl to date a guy who has no money, no possessions and no looks but a decent personality? Guys expect just as much from a girl.

Since when is life fair?

• Date fat girls they have lower standards.

• Go ugly early. Ugly girls will make you a happy man, go for it.