How would you react when the person you're dating cancels a date night on your birthday?

and if the reason why they couldn't come could have been overridden I mean if it were you you would have done something and came being in their situation?

ok guys thank you for sharing your experiences I really think it was something avoidable and I'm still pretty mad but I hope to cool down soon and think with a calm mind

Most Helpful Guy

• I would get over it and realize that sometimes sh*t happens. Give them the benefit of the doubt at least.

What Girls Said 4

• Unless they had a life or death matter to attend to, I forget them. Seriously, don't waste time with someone who doesn't value your important days.

• If he had a good reason, then I would be slightly disappointed, but not hold it against him. I don't value birthdays that much anyway. A good excuse to me is an interview/exam, a sick family member, that kind of thing. So things that could be moved to another date, but which you probably shouldn't miss. I would hope he'd compensate for it another time and it better be soon afterwards.

• Depends if they had a justifiable reason.

Otherwise they must not care about you too much if they do that.

• greatly disappointed and I may feel that he isn't keen at all.

unless he has a very strong reason of cancelling it then it is a different story

What Guys Said 2

• You really should tell us the reason behind it if you want the most accurate answers.

• I would be pissed depending on what the reason was. I freaked out one time on my x girlfriend because she dissed me on my b-day. She got me a gift and I just wanted her company. She was a workaholic. I got sick of that sh*t pretty quick.

• See what happens if you do your own thing for a bit and go out and have fun without her