Is he too old for me to date?

So I went on a date with a guy who is 28, he has his own apartment, a good job, car, and everything in his life is on its place.

I am a 21 year old marketing student and I live in a dorm and I do have a part time job.

I liked him and he did like me but we are in differen phases in our lives, and I'm wondering if this will become a issue, like if he wants to go on vacation and I can't afford it etc..

Should I back out now that its not to late? He wants to go out on dinner again.

And I wonder how my mom will react to me dating a 28 year old man, is it to old ? we are both persians and we are different, we aren't like the typical persian standard people, I've never been attracted to persians but he was cool.

Most Helpful Girl

• Considering you're 21, I wouldn't say he's "too old" for you in the sense that he's taking advantage. That would be the only real concern of going out with him again. Otherwise, I agree with you that you may be in different phases of your lives, but that shouldn't stop you from going on dates with him as long as you're still interested. You're not yet to the stage where you have to decide whether you're in a relationship or not, so don't concern yourself with it yet. If it's not going to work, that will become more apparent with time. I don't see any reason you should stop seeing a guy you like if nothing bad has happened, just don't get too invested yet.

What Guys Said 5

• I'm sure you rmom will be unhappy! As you say, you are in different generations really not just different phases in your lives. Of course a lot of girls are dating guys this age in college, but that doesn't make it right, imao. I'd agree with your mother.

You're missing out on datin guys on your own level, guys you could really share your life with. Most likely, yu're just some kind of trophy to this guy.

• You go on cheap vacations, or he'll pay. Its not a big deal.

If you like him see him again. Things work out or they don't.

• 7 years apart is OK in my opinion, but 10 years or more is kinda pushing it

• Yes.

• It's a perfect age for both of you. Not sure how I even see one issue

• what do you mean perfect age

• Guys are starting to get their life together at that age. Women mature earlier than men. It is a perfect age gap.

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think the age number's an issue. I think you are really concerned whether you're up to his calibre. Why not bring that issue to him during your conversations?

• its up to you he's not too old for you

• No, I'm 18 and have an interest in a 30 y.o. nothin wrong with that

• age is just a number

• Have him pay for your vacation.