Sudden break up. What happened?

Started dating a guy I've been friends with for 8 years about 6 months ago after he confessed his feelings for me. It took me some time (about 2 dates) to realize I liked him as well. I told him my feelings for him; he responded saying he felt the same way. He took time to initiate dates & hanging out, everything was great. And then a week ago he broke things off saying he thought we were too different. I was blindsided and extremely upset. I'm still confused by everything. He wants to stay friends, but I don't know if I can ... I don't know how to move forward. I started to really fall for the guy and then had the rug pulled out from under me. I don't know why he ended things like that when there was no warning signs anything was going poorly with us. ugh. Men. I'll never understand them.

What Guys Said 1

• It sounds a bit weird, maybe he realized he didn't have romantic feelings for you after all or something. Can you talk some more to him and ask him in what way you guys are to different? Maybe that'll give you some closure.

It sounds weird to me as well that's why I don't really have a good answer for you.

• I asked him about meeting up today. He thinks its too soon, so I told him to let me know when he's ready. I don't necessarily expect him to do that though ... I'm resolved to writing this off without getting any real answers. :(

• I'm in the same boat with my ex (2 year relationship, she broke up) we already talked about our problems and she wants to be friends. Yet she acts really uninterested over chat and stuff. I decided it's better to give her some time to cool down. So if he says it's to soon he might really mean it's to soon and contact you later.

In the meantime just focus on your own life, make new friends and try some new things you didn't do before. It really helps taking your mind of things.

• The only thing that heals a hole in your heart is having it filled by your friends. You can't fill it yourself so just get out there and have some fun :)

What Girls Said 0