How to become less nervous going on my first date?

Okay I'm a 19 yo girl going on my first date to a hockey game tomorrow with this guy I've known for about a week now. We haven't hung out yet this is our first time, he really wants to meet up and I had an extra ticket and he was free. But I'm super shy! And super nervous! I always go red and blush when talking to new people especially guys! And I sometimes stutter or choke up. As soon as I get to know the person I'm fine and I'm actually really outgoing! But at first I'm the shyest girl ever! He's really sweet and stuff and thinking about this I'm getting really nervous (yet excited) and I feel these knots in my stomach like when I was in school having to do a presentation. That's how I can explain it! What can I do to calm my nerves? And like what happens if I start blushing or something? I just never done this before and honestly I'm really scared and nervous. I just don't know how to get through all this! Any advice would help thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• You sound like my wife. Just remember no matter how awkward it gets it is not going to kill you. Kind of like getting on a crazy rollercoaster, it seems way scarier than it actually is.

What Guys Said 1

• I find it cute when girl are shy just don't be too shy.

What Girls Said 1

• Unless you take a tranquilizer or something, your jitteriness probably isn't going to go away :-P I know it is scary, but sometimes we just have to learn to deal with our uncomfortable feelings. Feeling panic/anxiety about these things is very stressful, I know. But find relief in that once you get in the flow of things, you'll chill out and get comfortable like you said! EMBRACE your awkward feelings! You may not be able to change your feelings, but you can change your perspective on them. Good luck and have fun on your date!