In what ways do women apply effort into dating?

I am curious to see in what ways women apply effort into dating.

When you're dating someone, how do you contribute to the dates?

What do you do to progress the dating?

What would you do for a guy to show that you are serious about him.

(Do not be generic on this one please. Give clear examples).

Most Helpful Girl

• I believe in being chivalrous to one another, I have no problem spending money on a guy, taking initiative, making him feel wanted, if you mean something to me I can swallow my pride and fight for our relationship, I don't mind doing things for him, I don't mind supporting and helping him towards his success. I don't look at dating as in what which sex should do what, I look at it as we are both individuals dating and if we are compatible both should fight for it and contribute.

I really think when both persons are together we shouldn't keep count on things, but both persons should do things out of their own heart and wanting.

>> I am great with communicating, carry the conversation, intiating eg making the first move, I say what I feel, I don't mind paying my part or the whole bill. I actually like buying my flower and complimenting him. I treat him the way I would love to be treated and spoken to. I mean the level to which I contribute or show interest depends on the person I am dating of course. I feel like both person should give suggestions, and show interest and expressing our feelings.

What do you do to progress the dating?

>> can you explain that question in more detail? like if I see the person as someone I wanna go on more dates/ serious dating?

What would you do for a guy to show that you are serious about him?

- Make time for him

- I am a hopeless romantic, may sound cheezy but I would write him cute notes, make moves, plan something special, give him flowers

- invite him to one of my hangout with my friends

- Tell him how I feel, I am not afraid to

- communicate with him or together about where we see this going

- I should an interest in what he does, eg if he's in a band I'll go to a few shows , basically show my support and my presence in things that matter to him

- I really show him that I am loyal to him and that I have his back eg, Always listening without judgement, standing up for him, trying my best to never lose his trust.

- I am honest with him showing I trust him

And there are other things I show to show the guy I am serious about him

What Girls Said 9

• Money-wise, I split the bills. I'd say I pay for my part 90% of the time. As for the 10% left, sometimes I pay for him, sometimes I accept his offers to pay for me. I try to even it out though.

As for who takes the initiative, I'm often the one to make plans for both of us... It's a pity he doesn't like to go out much, his idea of a date is usually at his place or mine, not outside. He usually says he wants to see me, but he's not the one thinking of things to do together.

I have the habit of sending a nice text after a night out to whoever planned the thing. I say how I liked it and would enjoy doing it again. I also do this with friends, so it's not that much of an indication of how serious I am. I guess my text would be flirty with a serious guy, and plain nice with a friend.

I'm not a fan of looking all serious in the relationship. It puts pressure on me, it makes me feel cornered and trapped. My own way of showing he matters (a.k.a serious relationship) is by small gestures that are more than friendly. Flirting by text, teasing, giving compliments... For instance, I often leave sticky notes hidden somewhere in his stuff. "I miss you", "I'm thinking about you" or a simple smiley... I hide them when he's not around so he'll stumble across one of those :)

• Hmm, I would also contribute in paying for the dates, plan events... find out what the guy likes and dislikes, and be a cutie. ha ha sorry. No honestly I believe if two people are dating they should not only be boyfriend/girlfriend but also best friends and understand each other well rather than get on each others nerves.

• We take turns on paying the bill, I go out once a week and buy my man something new. I try to bring new things to the table, in the bedroom and out. I try to make the little things matter.

• I make sure that our date is not boring I do plan on how we enjoy the day. I start conversation to know him well and tell my story so that he will know me better. I make sure that not only can enjoy but him also.

• take turns paying the bill, will often plan on where and when we are going for a date

• I don't do sh*t. He's the man

• That feminists sh*tty attitude needs to stop.

• I believe you Indian empress 91

• I am a human being Anon, go back to school lol. And yea I can't believe any guy believes anon LOL

• I don't ever let a guy pay for anything if I'm not serious about dating him, because I'd feel too guilty about leading him on. In fact, I spent a whole date with one guy trying to sneak $10 in his pocket to pay for a movie ticket. He thought it was a game, and kept sneaking it back into my pocket. Eventually, it got to the point where I thought it would hurt his feelings if I forced him to take the money, so I kept it. (As it turned out, this was indicative of the fact that he REALLY liked me, and he turned out to be a really great guy and became my current boyfriend of 3.5 years).

But in general, I never let a guy pay for me, nor do I pay for him, unless we are in a relationship. If I reallyyyy like a guy, I might ask him out to somewhere really expensive...like rockclimbing or a super nice restaurant and insist on paying for every single cent.

In the initial stages, I usually show my affection most clearly through money. :/

• I personally split the bill

• I actually care about my appearance more lol.

What Guys Said 4

• I can't speak for all girls but my significant others would always contribute to the relationship equally. I initiated and paid for most of the dates but that's the only inequality in the relationships I've been in. Either one of us could and would suggest something spontaneous, plan events, etc.

• I would say they try to look good but I've heard they don't do that for guys - they do it for themselves. So nothing, I guess...

• not much from what I've observed and in my experience

• yup this I wonder since women expect men to lead, to do the leading