Could I be making a mistake with Internet date?

I recently went for dinner with someone I met on an Internet site, but I felt extremely disappointed because he had lied about his height by at least 4 inches. After the first meeting he text me and asked for a second date. I made him aware that I feel that he misrepresented himself on his profile page and he admitted a bit. I am now in a situation where I feel a certain element of trust has been broken. Despite the fact that we got on well I don't know if I should accept his offer for another date or should I cut my losses?

Most Helpful Girl

• the solution is very simple: you either like him - altho shorter than you expected, with less than a job than you expected, and so on - or you don't. if you like him despite all these things, and your only concern is that he might be lying about more important stuff, then ask him. but don't live up to an idea of perfection that doesn't exist, in the end.

What Guys Said 1

• Bail. I've heard about guys lying about their height constantly online. I've even heard that guys use completely fake photos and show up totally different.

Guys have the same issues with girls lying about their weight. I've met girls who deliberately taken either face only photos or photos taken at an angle to make themselves look thinner(Facebook selfie type photos). Then I'd meet them and they are much heavier than they looked.

Main advice, don't do dinner dates unless you know them. First off, it's a big commitment for a date with a stranger. Plus, you'll look like a potential gold digger(online dating has many gold diggers that guys need to watch out for). Do coffee and chit chat first or something simple. Plus you want an easy exit. With dinner dates you'd have to pull the a**hole move of "going to the bathroom" where with coffee you can makeup an excuse and say your friend called or something.

What Girls Said 2

• Well if he is not someone you would normally date due to height, then why the question? Not the height you like and lied to you? You already answered your own question. Move on.

• Thanks, the question was asked because when one is in the situation it's not always crystal clear what the next course of action should be. By opening up the Q to other people helps with guidance..

• Was there anything else he lied about? Height's not that big of a deal.

• Thanks for the reply. I'm 5ft 4 so will only look to date guys that are at least 5ft 7 or taller that's my preference. This internet dating thing still pretty new to me. He over exaggerated his job and I remember when I tried to ask him more about it before going out he would become aversive.