Do you think it would be weird to text someone you haven't seen or spoken to in months?

I had my phone reset and lost a lot of my contacts. The other day, I found the phone numbers of a couple of people I haven't talked to in months written down in a notebook. I'm curious to see how they are, but do you think it would weird to get a random message from someone you haven't seen in such a long time?

One of the numbers belongs to my ex, so I'm not really sure if he wants to hear from me. We didn't have a bad break-up or anything. We just kind of petered out and stopped talking to each other. I do still think about him, though.

Anyway, what do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• Leave the ex. Just bad karma to bring them into your life if you don't have the intentions of actually getting back together. It can get messy and lead to confusion. As for other people, sure. It's not weird, in fact it's good to know someone hasn't forgotten about you and most people like a friendly convo with someone from long ago. It's fun to catch up

What Guys Said 1

• Months? How about years!

People are always excited to hear from old friends. Just say something online the lines of "Hey ! Was just thinking of you. How's life?"

I don't know how long you've been ex of this ex. If it's been a year or more and you want to reconnect as friends, go for it. But just say hello as if he were any friend. Your ex-ness shouldn't be included in any way.

What Girls Said 5

• Nah, I always think that's refreshing to reconnect! : )

It's always interesting to see how life has been treating people you haven't spoken to in a while.

• i'm always happy to receive a text from a friend

• Nah - go ahead. If they are any kind of friend at all then they will be glad to hear from you.

• I don't like to contact old exes, just because we usually have nothing to say to each other anyway.

I have been known to contact old friends after a lot of time has gone by. I did that just recently, was ignored, haha! Oh well.

• I wouldn't find that weird cos it's not like you just lost to keep in touch with them but you had you cell reset.

I would skip the ex part though