I have been dating a guy for almost 3 months and he has yet to even mention me to his son, what do I do?

I have been dating a guy for almost three months and he has a son who is 8. (My kids are grown). I found out last night that he has not even mention me to his son. We are on the some page about everything except this one issue. He has his son for a week and his x has him for a week. The week he has his son I don't see him, talk to him everyday but don't see him. This is starting to get a little old. I am not asking him to take any time away from his son, I would just like to be included a little. He says that he is not sure how to approach the subject with his son and does not want him to get hurt. He is asking for a little time in doing this. I told him that I would give him a little time but would not wait long. What should I do...at this point I am not sure if he intends to do this and I will not be a every other week girlfriend. Advise please.

Most Helpful Guy

• well I don't have kids yet, but if I did and was divorced, I sure as hell wouldn't be introducing them to every date I brought home. MAYBE, if I had a son who was like in his 20s or late teens, then he'd be old enough to understand how things were going. But an 8 year old wouldn't.

What Guys Said 2

• Break up. You obviously can't handle his comfort level with his son and you.

• It's only been 3 months. He's not going to introduce you until he's pretty sure you're in it for the long haul. It would be too confusing for the kid otherwise.

Relax and let the man go at his own pace.

What Girls Said 1

• You said you have children that are grown, what would you have done if your children had been 8 and you were dating?