Girls, what would you feel if you received a response like this?

I've been doing No contact to my ex girlfriend for 3 weeks now

and I received a message from her. We been broken up for 3 weeks too and she breaks the silence..

Her: " Hi! How are you? I heard the bad weather in your hometown is everybody OK there I mean your family?"

Me: "I'm doing great and they are fine. Thanks"

My reply is short and polite and take note I replied after 12hrs..

she send me that text 8PM and I replied 6AM.. She didn't reply anymore..

Girls what would you feel if you received a respond like that ?

Most Helpful Girl

• Really depends what our relationship was like and a bunch of other factors, like why we broke up, if I've moved on or not, why I sent that text, etc. You responded politely though, that's good. Only thing is it kind of ended any conversation, but depending on what you want that's fine.

• we broke up because she said she wanted be alone no relations and used the "It's me not you" excuse. I was great to her and we were together for 2 years..

I didn't do the begging thing. When she said she wanted to be alone No relations.. I didn't reply to her email anymore and just disappeared! I gave her what she wanted.. she didn't hear anything from me.

• Maybe, but like yopyop said, she may have felt the conversation was over. You didn't ask about her...

• Anyway, it's not worth over-analyzing. If she's really interested she'll contact you and bring it up at some point.

What Girls Said 5

• id take the hint that you werent interested in continuing the conversation as you asked nothing back but I wouldn't say it was too harsh

• why did you guys break up? I think she still feels something from you & with texting you she just wanted to hear from you even if it was done by asking a stupid question. by the way 12hrs later & you did not even ask her how she was? that hurts you know. it just seems asif you don't really care. I bet she was waiting for your response.

• i met for you & not from you

• oh she might just be regretting it

• why she didn't reply though :(

• I wouldn't respond back to you, since you didn't ask how she was doing. Your response is a bit cold IMO

• Thank you for your honest response! I actually thought about not responding that time.. It would have been better..

• Ouch not a good break up? Relationships can suck ha!

• She may just hope your doing good honestly. Nothing to read into

• true.. but why not reply though if just really checking? is my reply a bit harsh?

• I'm doing the No Contact rule so even though I wanted to contact her.. I can't right now..

• Ok then just continue your no contact. See if she contacts you again. Did she dump you?

Anyways your response was not bad at all. That response will never affect whether you get back together. It was fine and irrelevant

• you could have added thanks for asking hope you are doing well.

• why? to be honest what would you feel if you received that response?

• She was actually stress and tired with her work always. I don't know if I want her back.

I actually thought about not replying to her message but I was polite enough to respond..

• She probably just misses you.. You have the right not to take her back she lost a chance when she choose to break up with you its up to you if you choose to give her another or not.. That's very true I'm not saying you did anything wrong I'm just telling you how I would have fealt :)

What Guys Said 2

• You did good.

If she is interested in you, she will contact again, with another random question like that. Even though she already knows the answer to it.

Anyways, don't look too much into it. Keep doing you.

• Is it better to not reply the next contact she's gonna make?

• Yes is it. Especially if you don't want her back, or if you do. Just don't reply. If she's really into you she will contact you more and more the more you don't reply.

• You didn't ask anything about her. So that was a conversation breaker.

• he handled it perfectly. Now she has to find a different angle of approach, why should he make it easy for her she left him.

• It really depends on what you want. If you want her to chase you a bit in order to get back together, you did right. If you want to completely move on, you shouldn't answer anymore.

• Thank you!