How do I get a girl to meet me in person from an online dating site?

I've only tried POF, surprisingly I get a lot of responses to my messages. But I want to meet them in person. When should I ask them out? How should I ask them out? How do I meet a girl in person?

I need A LOT of help on this one please.

Thanks for the answers, all of them are very helpful.

Most Helpful Girl

• Me and my boyfriend met online.

You both have to have the same intentions for this to happen. The way she talks to you must show some signs that she wants to meet up with you.

The way I made him knew that I wanted to see him is by saying 'I need a cuddle' it made his heart melt and we met up at the weekend.

He couldn't keep his hands off me and when he first looked at me he was like 'woah, you're more beautiful in real life' I hugged him straight away.

Make suggestions about meeting up and keep talking about if you was with her right now. Let her know you really want to meet her. It'll make her feel warm and special!

When you arrange a place it's best to make it public and simple I guess. At least she'll feel confident and safe.

Good luck.

• I've clearly been doing something wrong then since I haven't been able to meet one in person yet.

• I don't think you should feel like you're doing anything wrong. I just think you need to make it known that you're up for meeting, make sure she knows your intentions otherwise it'll make her nervous. Just tell her that you can't wait to see her or you just want to snuggle etc. Good Luck!

• Sound advice thanks.

What Girls Said 4

• Earn their trust by sending the more than one message before you invite them to hang out with you and ask questions to show you are interested in meeting up with the girl. Also try to make your life sound exciting, talk about all the positive aspects of your life, like your vacation, your favorite movie etc... think about it - we live 365 days a year - I'm sure in one paragraph you can come up with something positive and fun that you've done in the last year to make your life sound interesting.

• Confidence is key.. don't invite them as if you're asking for a favor, invite her to a movie or just to starbucks for coffee.. just make sure you're confident , if you're nervous asking them out , what will you be like on the date?

• just ask to hang out with them

• Just be like do you wanna meet up

What Guys Said 4

• Limit each girl to 3-5 messages and make very very very very light conversation. Then ask for a number and/or if she wants to meet for coffee. If she can't, it's honestly her problem.

A lot of girls give the bullsh*t story of stalkers online but don't realize that they're making fools of themselves for making profiles online while being too scared to meet people in person. This means they're either socially phobic, or just making their profiles for attention and nothing more. So you don't want to waste your time with those, thus the 5 message limit. If she can't meet, she's a fake basically.

• Just ask. Whatever you think would be something fun to do or a good place to meet each other and can see if you guys hit it off and just let it go from there.

Keep it simple like starbucks or some frozen yogurt or some sh*t like that so you're out in the open with other people so she won't feel all paranoid because a lot of girls are weird like that.

Don't text her to much because then she'll think you're clingy and won't talk to you. Doesn't matter how awesome you think she is. It's some dumb ass girl thing and will wind up making her not be interested anymore.

• I think what the girls are saying is good but on a second note the first time meeting up I would be sure it is in a social manner. Most of these girls are already weirded out by online dating cause of the media. Something like food, festival, drinks. Not my place your place, hotel, or I'll pick you up. Unless there that comfortable that they ask you to pick them up I would make sure to "meet" some where's

• Try writing a thoughtful and funny message that intrigues them, yet still includes a request with specifics. Most people don't like exchanging long emails on dating sites (if they like you they'll respond, if they don't they won't).

Make it a single message though, since it shows your intentions from the start and tells the girl a little bit about yourself. She will already know you're somewhat assertive if you planned to meet up right away (or at asked for her number). It is a dating site so I would figure you're not gonna come off too strong by asking for a date...after all, she already posted things about herself so it's not like it's a cold start.

• *long exchanges of emails

• I've tried that already it never works, I never hear from any of them again. (asking them out right away). But they do quit talking to me after a week for some reason.