I don't think I'll ever find "the one" when I can't even get a proper date?

I'm almost 36 and still single. Didn't really begin dating much until late 20's which is when I finally got settled in my career. I don't have many friends since I moved to this area a couple years ago and every woman my age is busy with kids and/or husband. I'm pretty much alone. I've tried volunteering at places, and what I've not met any men close to my age. At my job it isn't going to happen. I've tried online dating and it seems like those men want barbie dolls. I give up. If it hasn't happened by now, I doubt if it will.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm 25 and I feel the same way, granted I was kinda recently in a relationship. But I see it gets harder to meet people as you get older. Because necessity changes and you start getting more strict with who you want to be with. Not saying your picky or anything. But it seems a lot of girls have really high expectations from us.

I haven't tried 'all' the online dating sites. But from the ones I have. People are to quick to judge on there and actually meeting someone who isn't extremely shallow on there are very slim.

I'm not going to give you the time will tell bullsh*t because I simply f'n hate that line. Because if you sit there and do nothing, you won't get anything. I'd suggest maybe getting out more and being active. Maybe going to the gym or whatever your hobby is, get out and go do that if it's something that will bring you around more people.

You have to remember a lot of the pressure is on us for approaching you. I admit I'm shy and get told all the time I shouldn't be. But I can't help it. So maybe if you gave signs or even tried going out of your way to start a conversation and see where it goes you might have luck that way. Or meet some cool friends and wind up meeting through their friends. Networking does wonders. Don't give up and good luck :]]

What Guys Said 8

• Don't rely on proper' dating, especially at your age. Meet women in more organic ways, through common interests, clubs for people with specific interests, or dog walking!

By your age, only women with problems are generally doing traditional dating.

There are tons of divorced women out there, but you'll have to get to know them in a non-structured way. Most of them have been made bitter by their divorce, after all.

But they are still interested. They will approach YOU if you impress them.

• I don't think you should loose hope.. men look for love at all ages. 36 is nothing.. just expand your social network as much as you can and maybe approach men youa re interested in :)

• So you didn't try to meet men while you were in your prime and now wonder why they don't want you? Oh dear son.

• I am 29 and never had a girlfriend and probably wont. Have had girls approach me but didn't work out with them. Maybe you just have to face facts you were meant to be single. Not trying to be mean but not everyone was meant to be with someone.

• I'm 24 and still single. I know it's not the same but I sometimes wonder if I'll ever get a girlfriend. It's not that I want one right now...it's that I can't handle one at the current moment in my life, regardless of age

• I'm 23, almost 24 and I've only had casual hookups and flings but no real relationship. There's a girl I'm seeing now that I think is interested in one, but the only thing holding me back is that she lives far away and has no car. I'm not too insecure about it. I'm happy with what I've gotten so far, but I still don't tell any prospect girl I'm seeing or am possibly dating that I've never had a real girlfriend because it might come off that I'm a player who doesn't want anything serious or a virgin who is so bad with women that I can't get one to like me. Neither of those are true and I'd hate to not be given a chance just because of that.

The one girl I thought was really into me was just using me as a rebound. Another thing I learned from this is no matter how much a person is into your or has in common with you, never claim they are "the one" because if anything goes bad, thinking a person is the one can lead to oneitis, which is a crappy feeling. It's like even if you're with another person, you're still not satisfied because you're not with the one you considered ideal. Basically, no one is perfect. That includes myself and everyone else.

• Would anyone consider my situation a red flag or deal breaker? Truth be told there have been girls that were interested in a relationship with me that I didn't like back. I'm not just gonna be in a relationship just for the sake of being in one. It'd be bad for me and the other person.

• are you going after the guys who look like models like every other girl ?

• I'm 25 and still single, never had a girlfriend, mostly because I have never really that much of an outgoing person, due to not having that many friends, and I will admit I'm kinda picky as well, so you say you didn't really began dating until your late twenties, I assume you mean over age 25?

What Girls Said 1

• Don't worry you are not alone, I am too.

i just shift my focus on other things, why not you go to gym/yoga/ or other activities it helps

at my yoga centre, there are guys too