Why do women put fake ages on dating sites?

I don't understand why...

Like for instance I saw a two 39 year olds say they were 36 and 37 for "search purposeS" like what!?!? So weird.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why do women put fake ages on dating sites?

Likely for the same reason many guys put a fake height/income on dating site and that reason being to appeal to a wider pool of those they find desirable. Gals are often rejected for their age by guys their own and in their age range so cutting off a year or two may increase their options a bit more.

• I was going to say the same thing.

In both cases, the people lying are, sadly, correct that people will judge based on it.

• @kheserthorpe

Meh I don't think anything is sad about them being correct that people will judge based on it. Then again I don't really pass judgement on what people want as long as it's not sexually children or animals and it's not stem out of hatred like racism/misogyny/anti-(insert faith).

What Girls Said 1

• Who knows. I've never understood people being untruthful on online profiles unless they're just looking for a fling. If you want a relationship, providing fake info obviously is not the right way to start.

What Guys Said 1

• Same reason why all men claim to be 7 inches + on the internet.