Is it a good idea to meet a guy you met online?

I am 16 and the guy I was dating for about 3 months is 19. He wanted to meet at his place and I'm not sure what to say.

Most Helpful Girl

• girl, I think you should first get to know him more, he can be any person, plus...umm I think you have seen several cases where the girl is tricked to meet in some place with this guy and she ends up kidnapped, I'm not saying that this has to be true, but anything can happen just be careful, how about askling a friend of yours to acompany you?

What Guys Said 6

• definitely DEFINITELY meet in a public place. there is just no good reason to meet someone, whom you've never met before, for the first time at their house.

• Sounds like a bad idea to me...

• Why not meet in a public place? I'm sure he'll understand and if he doesn't: run!

Tell people where you are going and make sure you can get home by yourself.

• No, meet in public first. You seem to have doubts about it if you didn't know what to say when he suggested it.

• That sounds dangerous be careful

• That sounds like a bad idea.

• Fine, I'll elaborate: If at anytime you're meeting a "stranger" generally you want to do it in public to ensure that A ) they are who they say they are and B ) you don't meet an unfortunate end. You've known the man for 90 days. Also how far are you traveling? You must safeguard against being stranded.

• He's not that far away, only about 10 miles

• If he is only 10 miles away I would insist on meeting him somewhere local but not at his home.

What Girls Said 5

• That's a really bad idea. He's 19 and wants you to met him at his place. Red flag! If you want to meet him have your dad with you and meet at a public place. Like a restaurant. Keep in mind that you aren't really dating until you meet in person. It is so easy to twist a young girls emotions online.

• His place? Don't do it. Sounds sketchy. I would suggest talk to him about meeting in a public area.

• NOT A GOOD IDEA.

• Definitely meet in public.

• well I would do it only if is in a public palce and a frined is spying on you in case something happens.