Is this woman lying to her husband about a dating profile discovered?

My best friend is married and he looked at his wife's email because she left it open he was curious and looked and found a dating website profile with her name and photos. The profile was created after they got married. She claims that someone else hacked her email and created the profile. I don't want to say anything but I think he's being gullible. He doesn't know what to believe and asked my opinion. I told him it was possible but I smell B.S. with this story what do you think Ladies?

I left some details out earlier, anyhow she said that her EX boyfriend created the profile to get back at her for leaving.

The photos were old but I still smell B.S.. Why would someone do that? I will admit that her ex got burned pretty bad but this was a year or so after she left him..

Most Helpful Girl

• He would have to be pretty psycho to do that... WHO would think of doing that? Especially when it is a federal offense? He could technically be taken to court and etc for identity theft or something... lol I am not doing the research, but I know it is a BIG deal if someone is caught...let us see if she is telling the truth. Tell her its a federal offense and see how she reacts. Her man should tell her he wants to press charges...see HOW she reacts to that. And, you will see if she's lying.

What Girls Said 4

• If someone else hacked her email, she could always go and delete the dating profile - and change her password. Did she?

Tell your friend to dig deeper before confront her again. Get more proofs. Check her phone for messages. Check computer for sexy pictures he never seen before. Dating profile does not ends there - it will lead to emails, texts, phone calls, or meet ups. Track down.

• LOL I call BS

Now, is the profile deleted yet? If not, get a guy you know (that they don't know) and email her through the site. Have him arrange a meeting and see who shows up. I'll bet it's her.

That really sucks for him though :( what a sad world...

• well I think she definitely has the website, if it was her ex wouldn't she just cancel the account and be done with it?

• BS definitely. What benefit would a random stranger have in hacking someone's email account JUST to create a dating profile? Like Jonny said...they would have hacked her bank account or gotten sensitive information...not made a dating profile.

What Guys Said 4

• Yep sounds like a load of lies to me, if they hacked her email how did they get access to her photos? Plus why would they bother making a dating account, why would they not do something that actually benefits them like taking bank details etc...?

• the hacking story sounds incredibly unlikely...unless she has some IT super enemies

but seriously hackers don't steal information to create dating profiles. they use it to steal identities, run up credit debt, sell your info on a black market for passports, driver's licenses, or access back accounts...

• No, the hackers would have used the info for other things, not to create a dating profile. Time to get busy digging up the facts.

• It sounds too much like BS to me.