Why use me when you're trying to move on?

So this guy and I talked for a long time before we officially started dating. After a while he slowly stopped talking to me. when I asked what was going on he told me he wasn't over his ex. So why wait till we date and talk for months until you tell me? Do you just try to forget by using the girl? Or is the girl just not good enough? Doesn't make sense to me. And of course no explanation was given.

Most Helpful Guy

• He probably lied. I dated a girl for a while; but after an incident (long story that I'll skip since it's probably not relevant), she became a bit of a flake or wanted me to chase since she might have thought that I lost interest. Either way, I quickly tired of it and slowly stopped talking to her. Since I hoped that it was just the circumstances and that we might get together further down I gave her some bullsh*t reason. To this day, we still go through cycles of showing interest to the other (although I've pretty much completely stopped, but she still does). So, although the reason for which he did it may differ, he probably lost interest and gave you a reason in case that things changed in the future.

What Guys Said 1

• I wouldn't take it personally. He probably thought you was very nice but truthfully most people don't get over there first boyfriend/girlfriend and was probably hopping that being with you would make it easier. By this I don't mean he was using you but actually wants to be with you.

What Girls Said 2

• I believe he's using that as an excuse, he doesn't know how to tell you that this isn't going to work out. If he wasn't over his ex, he wouldn't even get into this relationship unless he likes the attention that he gets from you.

• well so that he feels loved that why he wanted you.