What are some tips for your very first reltionship!?

so I am finally aloud to date and I got the OK from my parents to date my best friends brother who I really like. my dad really likes him which is a plus. he waited to date me since August which I think is so sweet! he also said he would wait to kiss me because my parents don't want me to kiss yet. I wcould really use some tips Because this is my first relation ship EVER!

Most Helpful Guy

• Enjoy it, there's nothing like it.

Spend Time but give room.

constantly scheme new fun things to do. doing new things (going to the fair, going thrift store shopping, going for a hike, going out to dinner) will help it keep it fun & interesting.

Communicate, express when you have the first problem you have with him & work through it; don't make him a bad guy because he can't intuit what's troubling you about you two.

i really think communication is a the hugest part, the more you reassure his heart / him you love him, want to hear from him, are thinking about him, the closer you'll be & better able to enjoy things & also work through problems. communicate - even little dumb love notes are gold when you're his age. don't be stingy

don't listen to your parents too much. its your life/relationship, you follow your heart. good luck - have fun. don't stay out too late =P

What Guys Said 5

• Enjoy it!

It's important to respect your parents, but...

Kissing is fine don't not kiss because your parents don't want you too. You want a boyfriend not a friend.

Also why are you dating your best friends brother? ha ha What does your best friend think about you dating him? ;)

• Im dating him because we hav a lot in common an we both really like each other. And she is perfectly fine with it:)

• Congrats! Now comes the doomy and gloomy part... Don't become attached to the idea that this will be a long term relationship. When one party in the relationship goes to college, everything changes, because you don't see each other as often. Aslo since its your best friends brother, I would tread lightly as to not loose your boyfriend and your best friend. Otherwise, have fun, enjoy yourself, and always remember to respect yourself.

• LOL I kind of laughed reading this. I didn't know there were parents who controlled when their children could start dating.

The minute I hit thirteen I knew almost all there was be in a relationship. My parents weren't talkative about it, so I read a lot of book.

I was 14 when I started dating and believe me its not like what you hear about in books.

Everyone below pretty much says everything else. Good Luck.

• Don't rebel. Take your time. Never a need to give up anything to keep a relationship. It really IS up to you.

• damn things change since I was in school ya'll making me feel old & I'm only 21, not much on the relationship thing I'm good enough at faking the relationship thing that I need to visit the clinic at least once week, if he really is the nice guy type then you've got all the advice you need to keep him around the hard part is moving to fast or to slow & making him give up, it's different for everyone but some advice if he try to pressure you break it off disappear, & most importantly if a guy says he loves you while he making out I'd stop, that worked on so almost every girl I new in my high school & still works on the drunk chics at the bar, another good bit of information enough alcohol & compliments/insults makes any girl that drinksavailable

What Girls Said 3

• Make it memorable!

Don't do anything you're not ready to do!

Be humble enough to accept your flaws.

Be adventurous.

Accept that it may not be long term, but that doesn't make it any less valuable or special.

• Take things slow. You're going to want to rush into everything awesome about dating. He sounds really nice so he should completely understand.

• He sounds like a sweet guy! I'm happy for you love! I was a bit clingy during my very first relationship and I blew it. Don't be like me! Good luck!