Girls, have you ever looked up a guy online after you met him?

I know girls who may have met a guy out at a bar or have been on one date with him. Then they will get his last name, etc and then fb him, google him, or mylife him to get the scoop on stuff. Do most of you girls do this or would you if you really liked the guy? And what exactly are you looking for when you go to these sites to analyze him how?

Everyone is a little curious about someone, but girls more so. I knew girls who liked a guy then googled or fbd him and then wouldn't go out with him again. In fact, I knew a girl who wouldn't go out with a guy again Because he did not have a fb account. bizarre, huh. so what's the deal

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh I do. Used to do a lot of online dating. If I was able to get the guys last name I sure did check him out. Kept me from accepting dates from: one convicted child molester, a guy wanted in 5 states for various crimes, one guy with several domestic abuse charges, and another with 5 different alias in several states for various crimes. Amazing what you can find with the persons name, google, and police records (all had mug shots or articles so I didn't just assume)

Thankfully I dodged some huge bullets.

• dont you have to pay for police reports for mug shots. you must. because I went to whitepages once online and I think its like 20 bucks or more.

• Nope plenty of free search engines for that. Plus if your arrest or lawsuit or charges have ever been published it is public knowledge. Fairly easy to find if you google the persons name especially with all these mugshot publications out there now.

What Girls Said 15

• Yeah I do this. Not necessarily to "get scoop" but just to see more of him. Look at pictures of him, see if we know any of the same people, see if we have anymore common interests that I didn't already know about. I'd never disregard a guy because he doesn't have a FB, that's weird. I did however search a guy I'd met and found out he had a fiance' smh so I quit talking to him and he didn't know why.

But mainly it's just girlie things like drooling over his pictures lol

• I used to chat with this guy online and he had a e-mail that suggested he was extremely wealthy so I did a google search of him after two weeks. Apparently he was AT LEAST a multi millionaire and I didn't even know. He was also very good looking but I was disappointed because he didn't match the picture that I had in my mind. I was expecting to see a fat german guy and instead I saw a skinny Italian so even though he looked good, he didn't meet my expectations.

• Heck yeah! Haha I'm a creep when it comes to that stuff. I probably should work for the FBI haha. When I'm searching for someone I usually type their name in Google after I have found their last name out from on a social networking site. When I look at the profile I usually check photos, their interests (especially music), how many friends he has, recent activity, his way of typing (grammar, voice), and how he treats others. What turns me off is seeing a guy with tons of friends, especially girls, a lot of selfies, poor punctuation/grammar and cockiness.

• When I'm curious about a guy I will definitely search for him online. What exactly am I looking for? Mainly I would say photos (A. because I clearly like to look at him B. because pictures tell a story) and things he has said or is interested in (i.e. a status or an event he went to). Basically, I want to know more.

I think it is more than bizarre, even plain stupid to judge a guy because he doesn't have a Facebook account. It is really unfair to make assumptions of a person based on social media. If I want to get to know a guy, I do it face to face.. not by scouting him online. The internet is useful for curiousity, not for making decisions about a person.

(Obviously, there are exceptions.. i.e. if the guy is in a relationship on his Facebook, I would be much more careful. Or if he's very flirty or aggressive in communicating online with others, I'd keep it in mind.)

• It wouldn't irritate me if he didn't have a FB or any information on Google. I would rather be satisfied if I didn't find anything.

I just look someone up if I am interested in him - I wanna see his taste of girls, if he's seeing someone, what is he like that he hasn't told me yet, the background. Because I am excited about him :)

• Every time lol.

I get a feel for his life that I don't know anything about, really.

And if they're really cute, I like to ogle over their pictures, no shame.

Scratch that, if I'm interested, they will be creeped no matter their physical attractiveness.

• Almost all the time! ha ha but I use Facebook!

• I will look only on Facebook, but just to see pictures and if we have any mutual friends, nothings else, and it won't stop me from going on another date

• Yeah. I will only look on fb and won't bother with the other social networks. But rejecting someone because he doesn't have a Facebook account? What the hell's up with that? O.o

• yes be safe

• absolutely. I did it with my ex and my current husband.

• I make sure he's not a sex predator and has no criminal records.

• I would only do it if I really like the guy, I like to know whether he has girlfriend or spouse...his likes...etc

• Yep.

• oh yah lol. a lot of creeps out there and being women we are septible to getting " false info" to get us into bed lol so we just have to check it out first and this way we know if you lie to us lol

What Guys Said 0