Is having a cuddy buddy a good idea when you have a girlfriend that is in other state?

Well I have a long distance girlfriend, I met this girl from college. And was wondering is it okay to have a cuddle buddy, or those lonely nights strictly cuddling no messing around. Would that be something to ask my girlfriend if it is okay ?

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely not! Having a cuddle buddy with your girl in a different state is a bad idea! It may start out innocent, but more often than not, it turns into something more and then you have to live with fact that you betrayed the woman you love and if something did happen and you decided to confess, you will most likely lose her. If she were to find out you were cuddling with another girl, she would probably dump you whether you cheated or not. There is no good outcome in this scenario so if you don't wanna risk losing your girlfriend, don't do. The risk is not worth it.

• Thanks for best answer! :)

• your welcome, and yeah I've stop talking to that friend all together. I want to keep my girlfriend, because I think it's getting serious. I told her "I love you" through text and she said " no matter what?" and I said "yes. So I will stick with her for now on. And your welcome. thank you for the help.

What Girls Said 8

• I'd always suggest talking to her over this because maybe it's not a big deal to her.

Personally, I'd be really pissed if I were her. I don't think it's a good idea to have a 'cuddle buddy' if you don't want to be in a relationship with them. If my fictional boyfriend had a 'cuddle buddy' that wasn't me, I'd tell him to get a pillow or stuffed animal. I get that that's not the same but I wouldn't want my boyfriend to have his hands on any other girl. Especially while their laying down.

• True that is not a good way to start a long distance relationship thanks for the advice.

• You need to ask your girlfriend. If you are keeping it a secret from her then you are doing something wrong. I don't think it would take long for a cuddle buddy turn into a f*** buddy?

• The cuddle buddy know's it's only cuddling, I told her about my gf.

• yeah true I guess I will tell her, or just wait until I can go see my girlfriend and cuddle with her and other stuff. Thanks.

• wow no way. if you aren't commited and want other girls then she's not the one for you and you should break it off before you hurt her. just asking that question is ridiculous

• I would not be okay with that. Cuddling leads to more and if you cannot handle the distance you should just break up with your girlfriend. It would be better for you both. But then again I don't do long distance relationships in the first place.

• c'mon man, you know the answer to this.

• Ask your girlfriend and please tell us how that goes.

• I think I will just stick with my girlfriend, no cuddle buddy don't want to lose her.

• If you're OK with her having a cuddle buddy and you guys are on full disclosure then knock yourself out.

• This is not okay! What if she did that to you?

What Guys Said 6

• I would think that this isn't OK but frankly you have to ask your gf.

I can say that girls I've dated wouldn't have been cool with this and I wouldn't have been cool with girls I dated cuddling with other guys.

I think on the whole the majority of people would not be cool with their partners cuddling with other people but there are some who may not care...

Would you be OK if your girlfriend was cuddling with other guys?

If you have a problem with her doing it I think it would be unfair to even propose the question to her

• Its not good to have a "cuddle buddy". How do you think you would feel if your girlfriend had a "cuddle buddy".

I would suggest you don't say anything like this or "suggest" you guys get cuddle buddies cause your too far from one another. Cause she for sure won't be only getting the cuddling.

If your ready to lose your girlfriend for good, then by all means, tell her that you want a cuddle buddy. Just don't cry after when she's gone.

• You can't just have a cuddle buddy. You're a guy and you are going to want to smash that. Don't lie to yourself because that's going to happen. And just think, would you be okay with your girlfriend doing the same thing to you?

You don't sound like you need to be in a relationship with this girl if this crosses your mind in the first place. And if you care about your relationship you should respect it. Because I'm pretty sure she'd dump you if you brought that up.

Just go watch some p*rn and jerk off. Problem solved, no more urges. Or date this Ć’uck buddy.

• Well would you want her to be all shacked up with a guy?

• I think it would make your girlfriend extremely jealous and insecure if you told her that you want a certain girl to be your cuddle buddy.

If you're loyal to your girlfriend and she treats you well, I'd say don't do it.

• Okay thought would be my thought not to do it. I mean I love her it's just lonely we leave 9 states away.

• You could always text role play with her through the phone that you are cuddling her.

• No it's not okay . How would you feel if she had a cuddy buddy ? Not good I presume.