For those of you who met your partner through a dating site, who contacted who first?

Did you send the first message? Did they? Or did you meet them via more traditional means?

• I contacted them.
  • They contacted me.
  • We met offline.
  • I'm single, does not apply.

Most Helpful Girl

• He did. It's not that I didn't send out any messages of my own though. I did, and went on dates with some of them, but my current partner is the one I had chemistry with, really liked, and wanted more with. He just happened to contact me first. I would've if I'd come across him before he came across me lol.

What Girls Said 4

• I met him on here actually, I asked a question long time ago and it got deleted. But I got his comment in time just to be able to talk to him and already for 3 years we have known each other. But I messaged him first about random things and we started chatting.

• I contacted him. Clicked 'flirt option,' automatic message, a bit korny. Might I add that relationship did not work out.

• Well, he's a close friend of mine that I one day hope to date sometime in the future, but I contacted him first.

• he messaged me. And at first I didn't reply. I replied once and then it took me about a week to reply again. But we eventually met up

What Guys Said 2

• Ironically, I've had mixed experiences. My last Girlfriend technically contacted me first but did not realize it. I paid for the enhanced POF deal which put my picture in the front of the "meet me" area so I was getting looked at heavily... but it was only my photo. She clicked yes on me.

The thing that turned me off was that she had this extremely adamant attitude about how the guy had to message her first. I told her on the phone that if she did not click that meet me which sent me an email saying that she was interested in me that I would have never messaged her.

Before this way way way back I technically had a really short "relationship" with another girl. We actually messaged each other at the same time! It was very funny. I had more fun with her in that one week we were basically together compared to my last ex. My last ex was so obsessed with dating rules that I couldn't take it anymore.

• She contacted me, and told me that I was an arsehole lol.