Meeting a girl through online dating?

A week ago I received a very formal message from a very nice looking girl on an online dating site, and she had almost all the same interests I do. I'm really into cars & racing, so is she, and she likes travelling, things like that. so we sent a few messages back & forth, and then I let things sit for a week, cause I didn't want to look too pushy/creepy.

On Monday, I sent her a message saying we should meet up in a coffee shop. nice open space, comfortable for everyone. I got an immediate yes, without any hesitation, and we will be meeting up this Saturday & she gave me her number. she texted me a bit, but I didn't send anything else. again, didn't want to seem too pushy.

normally, I wouldn't need to post anything. nothings gone wrong so far. but throughout my life, I've been very bad at interacting with women. I've never had this happen to me before, and she's only the 2nd girl I've ever met to give me her number without me asking first.

So, everything's been pretty easy so far, too easy actually. And everything about her profile at least seems legit. her story matches her profile & what not, but I feel like there's something that can go wrong.

Am I just paranoid, due to the sudden positive attention from a good looking girl, or should I be concerned that since everything's gone so easily all of a sudden for no obvious reason?

Most Helpful Guy

• It can go either way. Having met a lot of girls online I usually find that somewhere along the line, their profile was put in with tiny lies. The most common thing a girl hides in her profile is her weight. This is done with face only photos. I'd then meet her and suddenly.. she is overweight and I never know until I meet her.

Now honestly, if you go in assuming nothing will happen, you can get comfortable and just be yourself and have no worries. Not saying go in expecting to fail, but go in not expecting it to be a relationship so you can say what you want and not feel like it's a stage and you two are acting.

What Girls Said 2

• Relax. I've met many men from online dating. Some lie some don't. You won't know until you meet her. You're going to ruin it if you go into the situation anxious and expecting it to go wrong.

• It may be a bit fishy, yeah. You never know until you go meet her though. Just procede with caution

What Guys Said 2

• Honestly look at it this way, if she is on a dating site the chances are she has the same feelings as you, absolutley right to be politely considerate but obviously you want to meet, suggest a very quick chat over webcam but keep it short then message some more. you will soon know if you are comfortable then perhaps raise just the possibility of meeting even as a four you and a friend and visa versa! I really sympathise with girls cos most blokes are fine but there are a handful of blokes that are pond life which not only make ladies weary but also I feel have made people very suspicious which is a shame! hope that helps matey

• You might have just lucked out. Meet her and then you'll know. What's the worst that can happen?