Race and Dating - An interesting study

An interesting little study. Would like to hear people's thoughts

link

Black women are least likely to get responses, and Asian women chase down white guys the most.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, this is well known information.

In many East Asian cultures particularly among the darker skinned and poor Asians (Chinese, Filipinas, Thai and Vietnamese), white men (regardless of how how ugly, old or poor) are a prize and step up. Now in American society they're not climbing any social ladder but in their own groups they are.

And black women are the least attractive to most men and also the most masculine. And they're more likely to be overweight and ghetto. Dating a black girl is dating down.

But most people stick to their own, despite what many on her say.

• east asia is japan, korea, china. thai vietnam cambodia are southeast asia. the phillipines too. not east asia.

• I didn't include Korean and Japanese it's not a status symbol for them unlike the darker ones. But I wanted to differentiate between Indians and other Asians

• something about the white skin that gets them going ooh la la.

What Girls Said 7

• I always take these studies with a grain of salt.

What are the messages like?

What do the women look like?

I always hear that Black women, Asian men, and Indian men are the least desired in the World. But I never see these people struggle with dating in real life. They also don't seem to struggle with interracial dating.

I always hear how unattractive Black women, Asian men, and Indian men are.

But all of the Black women, Asian men, and Indian men I've seen in real life look like average, to above average looking people to me.

• it sounds biased. They need a bigger sample to study. That's not an accurate conclusion.

• "Asian women chasing down white guys the most" LMAO

and yeah I gotta be honest ... nothing surprising here.

• latin, black AND whites guys reply most to Asian women? is that why there's so many angry girls?

• White women actually receive the most responses but are not likely to respond to non-white men

• that makes sense

• btw, isn't it about responses ? where did the chasing down part come from? is responding to a message considered chasing down only it's Asian women doing the responding?

• I'm getting sick of this kind of study based on race. Always something with Asians women chasing white guys or whatever. Is it any good to know about this really?

• Of course white people are going to put out studies always putting them at the top like they are most desired and black people at the bottom like we reach out to everybody and nobody responds back to us. I don't believe this bs at all.

• So people generally stick to their own race. This isn't news.

What Guys Said 5

• I don't know how much stock should be put in these kind of studies. I'd have to see the raw numbers and perform (or be able to look at) statistical analysis to draw any kind of real conclusions, not just response rates. As Washize wisely said, you don't know what kind of messages they're sending each other. If you notice, a lot of the trends stated in your study are literally the exact opposite of the trends in a study posted by Kelly34, so someone needs to take the data from several studies and perform statistical analysis on it. I also think that the region in which they were raised and the one at which he or she is trying to find a date plays an important role in a person's preferences as well as how well one race responds to another. In my own life, I prove that individuality matters and those trends aren't always true. I'm a white male, but tend to be attracted to Asian women the least and attract black women the most and easiest.

• pffft the young turks and their approved studies.

I hate all these stigmas and racial stereotypes, they just degrade us as human beings.

If you have preferences, cool, I respect that the same way you respect my preferences.

• These may interest you link link

• In general, Asian women tend to be more aggressive online then other races of girls, so it doesn't surprise me that they're reeling in more fish.

• They actually try, which appeals to a lot of men on some level.

• I don't have many Asian women in my area, but even in real life they tend to try far harder then other women no matter if they're from the Middle East, India, China, Japan, South East Asia, etc. In general they seem very friendly and diplomatic. White women tend to be responsive and positive, but expect men to pull more of the weight in the early courting stage. Latin girls are flirty and relatively aggressive so long as you start with confidence, but you've got to be the one to start it rolling

• Black women tend to be somewhat confident but apprehensive in a way. It feels like they are holding back a lot of times, but not shy. It's weird.

• Not surprising.

It's a complex combination of tons of factors, but most people know that stuff if they're willing to be honest.

• Most people on here aren't honest enough to admit it though. They're too busy making excuses to evade the topic at hand

• Well, I think most people can admit that they know the vast majority of Americans have racial preferences when dating. That's life, why get upset about it? There's no real reason to be upset that people have racial preferences. I mean, unless you're worried ethnic groups will be absorbed and want to stop interracial dating, what is there to worry about?