Why do guys just stop texting sometimes?

This guy I like, and who I'm fairly certain likes me (we kiss, cuddle, etc), sometimes just stops texting. He used to text me SO much, initiating it first a lot, but nowadays he seems so busy. For example, I texted him this morning and my last text was "no prob" and he hasn't replied. He usually keeps it going from there on, and don't get me wrong..I do as well! I just don't wanna seem clingy and whatnot. Plus, its his birthday today so I assume he's really busy? :/ What should I do? Text again? Or just wait?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well since it's his birthday I you should text him and wish him . I'm guessing he doesn't want to seem text because of this reason . Heck I'd do the same , and here's why . You both like each other but neither one of you are willing to express it to each other . Since you two just text all the time and never really talk about the feelings you have for each other , he might think you are not interested at all and So he wants to distance himself from you to reduce the emotional pain (since he thinks that you don't like him ) . So that way even if you reject him he won't feel any pain .

You should Text him and wish him a B'day and then try to visit his apartment to talk to him and tell him how you feel .

I'm telling this from experience , I had the same relationship with a girl we texted all the time but never talked about our feelings for each other and after a while She had to move to another city and after that we lost contact. So I'm telling you not to wait any longer and just tell him you like him .

• You're probably right. Sorry to hear that :(

We compliment each other, saying each other is cute and etc. We hug and kiss and all that too. But yeah.. we haven't really straight up said "I like you" or anything :/ Part of my reason for not doing so is because he had said he doesn't want to rush into things because of a bad past relationship. So I guess I'll never get the chance to say it? He's given me all the signs that he likes me though, but just hasn't said it either.. so it makes me wonder

• I don't think there is anything for you to loose here , go for it. Maybe he is shy or maybe he has the same idea you have (he is confused to whether you like him or not ) . I don't think he will care about past relationships , don't worry that won't happen. So just go for it.

What Guys Said 7

• You have to text him things that he can reply to. If you just say no problem, it's hard for him to respond to that. Guys generally don't like texting and it's really draining when you have to initiate the texts and have to think of everything. At some point the guy gets tired and starts thinking, OK if she really likes me we should be past the point by now of me needing to always make the first move, she needs to put some effort in too.

• 1/ relax 2/ insecurity is a turn off 3/ relax. Treat texting as if you actually wrote a letter. You sitting by the mailbox waiting. Stop. If you want a conversation call him. 4/ relax. You will be fine.

• LoL... well if he's a guy. We aren't as into our phones as girls are. I don't even take my cell with me if I go somewhere most of the time. Or if I do it's on silent in my center console.

I think you are over thinking it.

• Its a technique for most of us. The idea is to talk to a girl give her all the attention she needs then stop doing it so that she's starts coming back for you! Simple and easy formula for the guys who texted in the early 2000's.

• not really. 99% of the time the guy found another girl

• 99%?

Well whether that statistic is true or totally blown out your ass...

The strategy that kartoos mentioned is actually a method that works. It's called "giving them space to fall".

It pressures the person to feel like they're losing you so they react in a way to gain your attention back.

• Thanks deviouscourage! Man see how people disagreed to this! Got two down ratings lol

• Either he's interested in another girl.

Or he's trying to behave non-chalant.

Hopefully you did something for him on his birthday. It's a very bad sign if he didn't want to spend time with you on his birthday.

• I made him a card :) Yeah he said he was doing stuff with family for his birthday, and then this morning told me his friends randomly showed up for his birthday haha. but he still asked to hang out with me tomorrow .. ?

• I really don't want to be the kind of guy that seems negative. But this isn't considered a good sign...

I don't care how popular or busy he was, he should have made time for you. At least an hour at the bar even with other people.

And to plan something 2 days after your birthday isn't a strong sign either...

Wait until tomorrow, and see how it turns out. Have you guys had sex yet?

• Yeah no worries. :)

He knows I don't party or drink and all that though. Hmm, I don't know. Now it's got me thinking ha ha :/ We're not offically dating. But yeah, I'm curious now was to why he didn't ask me to be with him on his birthday. He texted me to apologize that he couldn't text much because family were over, and then friends. But kept bringing up that he wants to hang out.

And no, no sex.

• He is waiting for you to make the first move. Whether you do that or not is up to you.

• Well I did! And he said he was glad to hear from me :) He then said he might take a while to reply since he has family over so his texts were pretty short, guess I shouldn't think much of that. When I said I was passing out and "enjoy your night", he said "ohhh alrighhttt, thanks ill do my best.." to which I replied "aww don't want me to sleep?:)" and he didn't reply .. and we're supposed to hang out tomorrow so I hope he texts or calls..don't want to get stood up :/ I think too much lol! *smack*

• Okay never mind he texted me IM FINISHED HERE GUYSSS LOL *facepalm to the moon and back*

• I've been wondering why girls just stop texting at times. There will be times where I'll start talking to a girl and she'll be texting me a lot but once we meet in person it dies down a lot and it feels like I have to initiate the texting a lot. It's like she'll respond but I have to be careful and watch how much I text so I avoid being seen as clingy or desperate.

As far as guys doing it, I guess they wanna make themselves as more of a challenge which is something I learned the hard way. I used to think that if I like a girl, I should work for her, but in the end it's worked better when the girl has worked for me.

What Girls Said 5

• If you just texted him "no prob", there's nothing for him to reply to. He may have found other things to say in the past after a text like that, but maybe he didn't have anything else to say on this occasion.

• Well when you reply with a short answer like "no prob", it doesn't really allow you to build a conversation. When you're short and to the point, it makes it sound like you wanna end the conversation.

• Guys get bored with texting. I was in a LDR with my boyfriend for about 8 months before he moved to be with me. He loves me a lot and even he would often just stop texting. Don't text him again. Just wait and he'll get around to it if he's thinking of you in that way. And when he does, you'll have your answer: he likes you :)

• I ended up texting him and he replied with saying that he's glad he heard from me. So I hope that's good!

• this happens to every girl...

• not sure.