Just been rejected through text, how to respond?

I finally asked her out yesterday, things were going pretty good with us, and the other day she randomly texted me "sorry for not walking with you at all"-we usually walk everyday. That was the sign that she may have liked me. We talked the rest of the day, like normal, and I texted her some lat night.

I just got a message this morning saying "yeah sorry I don't think I can but maybe another time sorry". Yesterday she had told me how she was doing something but it shouldn't get in the way. Thing is, I asked her out last year, and basically got the same reply through text. That was 6 months ago and a different school year. We have done a few things together school releated.

How should I respond? I'm thinking three things. "It's cool", or "so honestly do you mean another time or what?"

I feel like it's wrong for even me to just not text back. That would be the best thing haha, but I MUST BE ON TOP. I'm not letting her get the best of me again. If I say "it's cool" I think she would say "sorry but I can't" what then? I'm thinking "it's okay [her name] I got the him don't worry"

And how should I act in school? I don't want to back off too much but this isn't right.

Most Helpful Girl

• She sounds like she's holding back. Be careful how you respond to her you don't want to sound like an ass about it. You still have to see her at school so dont' make it awkward. I think she just wants to be friends right now and nothing more. You have already asked her twice now. Maybe you can start off like with a group setting invite some of your friends and get her to invite hers. You could offer that see how she responds. If not, you have the option of not even texting back she didn't ask you a question so it's not wrong to not respond back. If you want to be more direct just be like it's cool I understand, I would like to go out though sometime soon, is this something you'd be interested in? I don't know something along those lines.

• So how to act at school? I need her to know it wasn't right. I should back off some...but I do like talking to her so I don't want to just stop talking to her

What Girls Said 3

• She doesn't mean another time. She's rejected you twice now so you better leave it :(

Just say "alright" or something.

• You should ask her straight up how she feels about it, its better to be upfront than to be lead on

• act like she does not exist in school.

What Guys Said 2

• Just let it go. Don't make a big deal out of something so unimportant. You haven't spent that much time and effort on her, after all.

I'd avoid messaging her, unless she contacts you, and I wouldn't bring it up when you see each other at school. Just nonchalant it with her.

Que sera, sera, as they say.

• I would say leave it alone as well. Don't even message her. Even if she messages you. You like talking to her because you like her. She made it clear that you will never be part of her life in that way, and if it hurts you to be around somebody you want that does not want you, it just gets hurtful and awkward.