He invites all his friends to what I thought was our date?

So there is this guy on my job that I recently started talking to. He has been working at my store for exactly a year, but it wasn't until we both attended a co-workers party that I realized he was interested in me. From what my co-workers tell me, he has been attracted to me for a while. We started texting since then, and we generally go out for lunch with our co-workers after work. Our interactions have become more romantic, as we are both very affectionate. However, we have not spent time alone together, or have ever went on a date. So I initiated that we go to an art exhibit this week if our schedules allowed for it. He seems really excited about going and asked when were we going. So we decided on a day, I was super excited to finally hang out with him, when he then goes, we should invite (two of his male friends that also works at our store). I have not responded to his last text, but what should I do in this situation? Should I go along with it? Is this opening a door to becoming " one of the guys?". He doesn't hang out with a lot of girls. In fact he always hangs with the guys after work. He's just really into it. Does this mean he likes me as only a friend? I'm so confused.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have a feeling that he's a nervous/ shy type when it comes to girls lol so just see what happens with him. Try setting up another date

• p.s he possibly wanted to get his friends opinions on what they think of you , or maybe he's thinking serious about u

• I'm actually thinking you are right, he always has a group of guys with him, and it took us almost a year to really start talking to each other.

What Guys Said 2

• Just tell him you were hoping to get to know him a little better in a one on one type setting. That's not necessarily insinuating that it's a date but more of a just a get to know each other/hang out. (which is what you really want anyways) it's hard to get to know someone on a more personal level with others around.

• Thank you so much!, I totally agree I think it would be nice to try to get to know him better without his friends, also considering one of the guys he invited has a crush on me too! Thanks for the thorough answer!

• It is always safe to go to a public place and preferably with someone you know on a first date. That person could be a psychotic or worse ... So basically he is scared of you !

What Girls Said 1

• sounds like he is afraid of spending time alone with u.