Is it bad to constantly text the person you're talking to?

I know that texting shows interest, but it can be pretty exhausting when we're not necessarily talking about anything important and in need of getting things done. I mean I can owe all of my guilt and questioning to my bad communication skills. I could just say I'll text you when I'm done, but I dunno.

I'd much rather not talk between the times we're not seeing each other so when we do see each other we have stuff to talk about and will give each other space to miss each other.

Does that make sense? Because I'm starting to feel guilty for not constantly texting him knowing he likes me. It's not that I'm not interested, I just feel like texting is kinda useless for getting to know someone, but I know guys take offense to that, especially if a girl doesn't text back.

Do you think it's reasonable to not text constantly?

I mean obviously I won't go days w/o talking to said person.

*Also, he is kind of bad a texting. I'd be way more into texting him if he sent me paragraphs so I could bounce off of that but he doesn't so I see it as pretty useless.

What Guys Said 1

• The idea of having a social companion is not bad...but just make sure you're not hurting anyone in the process.

Try throwing some friend zone statements out there, like "This guy is kinda cute" or "I'm thinking about going shopping for a new dress". I don't know something to make him realize that you're not in to him.

What Girls Said 1

• it's better to talk in person or at least on the phone